Safari crashes a lot lately?

dutchbb

Anyone else having trouble with Safari 5.0.2 (6533.18.5) for Mac? It has crashed five times already today both while browsing XenForo and other sites. Not sure what's happening, never crashed much before... since a few days it's one after the other :confused:

I'm using the latest firefox on mac and notice that the scrolling isn't as smooth.. it jerks when scrolling now... strange.

Under the menu go to 'Reset Safari' and just let it run its thing, removing all the crap it kept cached - (and uncheck what you wanna keep first).

This not only speeds up Safari again, but also perhaps resolves addressing issues you might be having.

Under the menu go to 'Reset Safari' and just let it run its thing, removing all the crap it kept cached - (and uncheck what you wanna keep first).

This not only speeds up Safari again, but also perhaps resolves addressing issues you might be having.
Ok, it actually crashed 10 sec after I did that when clicking a link :confused:

Here's the first part of the the crash report for anyone interested:

Code:
Process:         Safari [521]
Path:            /Applications/Safari.app/Contents/MacOS/Safari
Identifier:      com.apple.Safari
Version:         5.0.2 (6533.18.5)
Build Info:      WebBrowser-75331805~5
Code Type:       X86 (Native)
Parent Process:  launchd [471]

Date/Time:       2010-11-18 11:39:58.835 +0100
OS Version:      Mac OS X 10.6.5 (10H574)
Report Version:  6

Interval Since Last Report:          44400 sec
Crashes Since Last Report:           2
Per-App Interval Since Last Report:  36523 sec
Per-App Crashes Since Last Report:   2
Anonymous UUID:                      110B5677-73BF-4DD2-AB50-4AD106203BB1

Exception Type:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)
Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x0000000000000000
Crashed Thread:  13

This is so annoying, it might drive me to Chrome, because I hate the look & feel of Firefox on Mac.

I don't know about a mac, but on a windows machine has the same issue with it cheesing out all the time...
Safari at one time was my fave..then went to google chrome, then it crashed all the time.. I dislike IE...
Used Firefox some...
so... What am I using today and it never crashes at all...??
Seamonkey! Try it out. You can run it on a windows machine, Linux, and Mac....
http://www.seamonkey-project.org/

Top Bottom