Running XF 1.5.21 - what does upgrade to XF2 cost?

djbaxter

in memoriam 1947-2022
I'm confused.

We are currently running XF 1.5.21 with a valid license and support extended to October 2018.

I went to the customer login to see what upgrading to XF2 would cost. I am able to download XF 2.09 as well as Resource Manager 2.03 (we have a license for the XF1 version of that as well). I could find no information anywhere there about an upgrade fee.

So does this mean that with our current license we can legally upgrade to XF2 at no additional cost?

Always make a test run on a local database/copy of your forum, to avoid to much excitement :)

I think I tested, a few times with layout, addons and upgrading and then waited a few months for some addons and tried again, then upgraded.

Always make a test run on a local database/copy of your forum, to avoid to much excitement :)

I think I tested, a few times with layout, addons and upgrading and then waited a few months for some addons and tried again, then upgraded.

I just found it was a perfect opportunity to ditch some Addons that weren't actually adding much value. Nice to have a leaner easier to maintain system. I found I had been over-attached to Addons that were really just adding bloat and complexity. I ditched about six and nobody batted an eyelid.

I just found it was a perfect opportunity to ditch some Addons that weren't actually adding much value. Nice to have a leaner easier to maintain system. I found I had been over-attached to Addons that were really just adding bloat and complexity. I ditched about six and nobody batted an eyelid.
That's what I'm finding as I make backups and notes in preparation for the upgrade.

I was quite surprised to find there were 20 addons ! that were probably not needed. That probably tells me that we need to be doing reviews of addons more frequently. (This is something that I already do semi-regularly on vBulletin forums because they tends to be slower loading to begin with.)

There are about 6 more that have not been updated (yet) for XF2 but some of those may have been replaced by additions to core functions - or possibly will be in XF 2.1.

Top Bottom