Rules here?

I agree, which is why I have signatures turned off.

For the most annoying signatures, we usually do something about it.

We need to know about them in order to do that though.

There's only one signature I can think of that can be mistaken for a post - that's Forsaken's. Maybe a smaller font would help reduce the height of it?

There's only one signature I can think of that can be mistaken for a post - that's Forsaken's. Maybe a smaller font would help reduce the height of it?
At least its a helpful signature :).

I've offered to remove it in the past if staff wanted me to, but I've actually gone out of my way to organize it in a way that it shouldn't be mistaken for a post.

I rarely see posts organized into list columns (y).

As from point of newcomer then these signatures are really disturbing - I guess if to browse here more then you will get used with it but currently it is so hard to understand what is content and what is not... And this all makes this page so noisy - same time as I plan to set up this forum for target group who likes bling bling then I don't complain too much about it ;)

The other things is - here on XF.com anyway - there isn't a great deal of space between the end of a post and the signature and the faint line separator is very faint; so it's very easy to get overlap (in a visual sense).

I think I suggested some time ago that a bit more padding ought to be added between the two to give some whitepace and possibly make the sep. line darker.

It's the very reason I've added the two dashes to my signature - just to push the text down a bit so it's not so close to my post text!!!

As from point of newcomer then these signatures are really disturbing - I guess if to browse here more then you will get used with it but currently it is so hard to understand what is content and what is not... And this all makes this page so noisy - same time as I plan to set up this forum for target group who likes bling bling then I don't complain too much about it ;)
If you feel that is bothers you too much, you can always hide them by unchecking the appropriate action here: http://xenforo.com/community/account/preferences :)

I can try to lower font and make it leaner, but I think I tried that and it became difficult to see.

Main reason I still keep this signature is because so many people would continually post the -same- suggestion or request for the changes I had made, and this seemed to help cut down on that (I haven't seen a new ignore/filter request in a while for example).

I can try to lower font and make it leaner, but I think I tried that and it became difficult to see.

Main reason I still keep this signature is because so many people would continually post the -same- suggestion or request for the changes I had made, and this seemed to help cut down on that (I haven't seen a new ignore/filter request in a while for example).

Maybe you could put it in marquee tags and get it to blink, that would be cool, it would be like a Twilight site, well if everyone dropped half their IQ before posting, but otherwise just the same.

Actually hadn't seen your sig as being anything else :)

Your sig is just fine, don't worry about it.

Maybe you could put it in marquee tags and get it to blink, that would be cool, it would be like a Twilight site, well if everyone dropped half their IQ before posting, but otherwise just the same.

Actually hadn't seen your sig as being anything else :)
I thought about that, but I figured a rave-like flash sig might do better, with full 'uhn tisk' background noise and psychedelic swirly patterns.

If you feel that is bothers you too much, you can always hide them by unchecking the appropriate action here: http://xenforo.com/community/account/preferences :)
Ignoring the problem doesn't solve it, in fact, admins cannot afford to ignore user sigs.
The lack of signature control (or ability to restrict sigs, if you will) via admincp is pretty disappointing considering that it's well known and reality proven time and time again that users will abuse signatures. Sig control is a feature I expected to be in the core as one of the most fundamental features since every single board out there needs it no matter how large or small the board is.

Top Bottom