Rules here?

Code:
li[data-author="Forsaken"] .signature {display:none;}

(y) lets you ignore sigs on a user to user basis (y).
Actually, I don't mind your signature. I dislike signatures with huge graphics in them. I also use IPB and version 3.2 allows every user to ignore signatures on a per user basis, hence my suggestion.

What is the point of a signature? If you are friends with someone on the forum, you can see that stuff on their profile page. If not, its just spam?

The current rules on my forum:

Share everything.
Play fair.
Don't hit people.
Put things back where you found them.
Clean up your own mess.
Always say please and thank you.
Don't take things that aren't yours.
Say you're sorry when you hurt someone.
Wash your hands before you eat.
Flush.
Take a nap every afternoon.
When you go out into the world, watch out for traffic, hold hands and stick together.

Taken with liberties from "All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten" by Robert Fulghum, my former minister at Edmonds Unitarian Church.

The current rules on my forum:

Share everything.
Play fair.
Don't hit people.
Put things back where you found them.
Clean up your own mess.
Always say please and thank you.
Don't take things that aren't yours.
Say you're sorry when you hurt someone.
Wash your hands before you eat.
Flush.
Take a nap every afternoon.
When you go out into the world, watch out for traffic, hold hands and stick together.

Taken with liberties from "All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten" by Robert Fulghum, my former minister at Edmonds Unitarian Church.

If only :cry:.

What is the point of a signature? If you are friends with someone on the forum, you can see that stuff on their profile page. If not, its just spam?
It's actually part of an ancient ritual, meant to scare away competition and impress potential mates. First practiced by the Virtualli tribe in Cybernia. A large signature is said to signify virility or fertility.

sig now shrunk up a bit

I am not going to change mine however as I feel it represents me and it so happens that the gent above me here noticed a grammatical error that if read literally as it was written would chang the whole idea I was trying to convey and because of it he contacted me PC and we sorted out in the friendliest of debate that I indeed needed to change my wording or the sum of them would not mean a thing.

A discrepancy in one letter in one line caused two strangers to I think now understand each other a bit better and that is more than you can hope to ever get out of one sentence.
Mission accomplished :).

Sometimes you need ten lines to say what yah gotta say ;-)

Forsaken did you use squash[dot]it on your sig ? J/K
Not only are you very helpful around here but your sig serves a very worthy cause, I do like the new look though (y)

Forsaken did you use squash[dot]it on your sig ? J/K
Not only are you very helpful around here but your sig serves a very worthy cause, I do like the new look though (y)
Only issue is once I release add-ons its going to get a bit bigger (though I can start removing some things once 1.1 is released).

And no, I have a .txt with two versions of the signature saved so I can quickly change it in plain text editor as the Wyswyg editor sucks for doing signatures like that.

Only issue is once I release add-ons its going to get a bit bigger (though I can start removing some things once 1.1 is released).

And no, I have a .txt with two versions of the signature saved so I can quickly change it in plain text editor as the Wyswyg editor sucks for doing signatures like that.

Forsaken, I never did apologise for a way back message regarding your sig, Funny how time goes by and things change.
Moral of the story is just continue to do what you do and if your sig grows then so be it :) (I now understand)

Top Bottom