[RT] Staff Room Unread

[RT] Staff Room Unread 2.0

No permission to download
Excellent.

Would it be possible to make the "room" names generic, e.g. Forum 1, Forum 2, etc rather than Admin, Mod, etc?

A bigger request. We have one public forum where I'd like to have this working for everyone (not just staff). Is that possible at all? We use the Core theme so users already see the bar at the top.

Would it be possible to make the "room" names generic, e.g. Forum 1, Forum 2, etc rather than Admin, Mod, etc?
Yeah, I will start working on that.

A bigger request. We have one public forum where I'd like to have this working for everyone (not just staff). Is that possible at all? We use the Core theme so users already see the bar at the top.
Yeah, that should be possible.

Do you want to set the name yourself or do you want it to get the name from the forum ID?

Ideally set the name ourselves.

How I think we'll use this ideally is:

Staffroom (staff-only)
Reported Content (this is the subforum where our reports go into, rather than the report centre, staff-only)

Announcements (viewable to everyone and tells them if there's a new post in our announcements forum).

I know I can always change the phrases, etc but it'd be nice to set them from the addon options.

Getting it to work so you can specify whether they're staff-only or visible to all would be the killer feature for us. Like I said, as we already have the Account options in the "mod bar" area, everyone can view the bar anyway.

Screen Shot 2013-08-12 at 19.06.16.webp

Ideally set the name ourselves.

How I think we'll use this ideally is:

Staffroom (staff-only)
Reported Content (this is the subforum where our reports go into, rather than the report centre, staff-only)

Announcements (viewable to everyone and tells them if there's a new post in our announcements forum).

I know I can always change the phrases, etc but it'd be nice to set them from the addon options.

Getting it to work so you can specify whether they're staff-only or visible to all would be the killer feature for us. Like I said, as we already have the Account options in the "mod bar" area, everyone can view the bar anyway.

View attachment 53973
I will start to work on this now.

can we remove forum limitation? For example ı have some forums to working groups without moderator. I want to set 10 forum to this addon and usergroup permission for see this addon.. and can we set inactive some rows?

ScreenShot344.webp

Last edited:
OMG... I MUST have this... you have no idea how many times I have had to tell my staff to go read the mod or admin forums! I am going to download it now, will let you know how it runs later. *Gonna attempt to install this myself -- that is skeery!*

Ok, @Daniel 'RTRD' -- I have an Admin room, a Mod room, then a Reported Content Room (which somehow I set it to where it doesn't show the report bar any more and can't figure out how to get it back or why I changed it) but anyway... It's nice to know I can edit the phrases... but my question is... I didn't see any permissions to set for this.

Can only the people with proper permissions even SEE these links at the top? If for example mod's can see admin room has messages waiting to be read, I won't like that. To their knowledge we only have a mod room. If they do see it and attempt to click it, I assume they won't be able to get in. But can your please make this a little more clearer to me? -- It would be nice to just be able to type in the usernames allowed to see which ones or user groups if not.

Ok, @Daniel 'RTRD' -- I have an Admin room, a Mod room, then a Reported Content Room (which somehow I set it to where it doesn't show the report bar any more and can't figure out how to get it back or why I changed it) but anyway... It's nice to know I can edit the phrases... but my question is... I didn't see any permissions to set for this.

Can only the people with proper permissions even SEE these links at the top? If for example mod's can see admin room has messages waiting to be read, I won't like that. To their knowledge we only have a mod room. If they do see it and attempt to click it, I assume they won't be able to get in. But can your please make this a little more clearer to me? -- It would be nice to just be able to type in the usernames allowed to see which ones or user groups if not.
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/rt-staff-room-unread.57366/#post-611126

Works like a charm i thank you for this very useful addon and hope to get an update on this addon to make it more private like other suggested it. anyway Good job thanks

Do you realize how helpful @Daniel 'RTRD' this add on is for me? I have mods that don't pay close enough attention and because of this add-on they catch new posts in those forums every time now! Now if those little tweaks could be made, it would make me a SUPER DUPER happy camper! ;) LOL! Seriously though, great add-on!

Top Bottom