[RT] Online Status Ribbon

[RT] Online Status Ribbon 1.3.7

No permission to download
Nice ribbons is it possible you could share those? :)

The actual ribbons are released in the Resource Manager but the css I used has since change because I'm currently in the middle of trying out new online/offline designs. I'll probably post the full enhancement at a later date though.

Screenshot_21.webp

It works on xf 1.2.2 but no matter what settings, I can't seem to place the online dot below the avatar or right from the user name.

Sorry mate I honestly can't help as I followed the instructions and it worked first time, I did not have to customise it in any way and I am on 1.2.2.
You may need to take a look at the width of your user title border (if it's called that?) in your message layout style as it attaches itself to the upper right hand side of that as far as I am aware.

Also make sure you select 'below avatar' for the dot in the apps options, don't worry it doesn't actually go below the avatar, it's just what you have to select.

Question:

User set himself as invisible - but he is displayed as online to himself - how can I avoid this? It generates lots of questions..
Thanks

Whenever I try to install this add-on I get the following error: Please enter a valid callback method (Asp_OnlineStatus_Plugin_Plugin::extendModel).

Whenever I try to install this add-on I get the following error: Please enter a valid callback method (Asp_OnlineStatus_Plugin_Plugin::extendModel).
You either haven't ftp'd the required files to the right place, or PHP can't read those files (wrong permissions).

The actual ribbons are released in the Resource Manager but the css I used has since change because I'm currently in the middle of trying out new online/offline designs. I'll probably post the full enhancement at a later date though.

View attachment 60386

I am trying to add the online dot next to the username, do you by any chance know how to do that?

The phrase is exactly "online_invisible" ;)
But thats not the solution, because the ribbon-color is nevertheless red or green :cry: If I delete the word completely, a small portion still remains red or green.

The solution is:
Chance the RT_UserOnlineRibbon.css and delete all UserOnlineInvisible names
HTML:
.UserOnline, .UserOffline {
    padding: 1px 5px;
    margin-top: -15px;
    margin-right: -5px;
    margin-left: -5px;
    margin-bottom: 5px;
    border-radius: 3px;
    border-top-right-radius: 0px;
    display: block;
    float: right;
    position: relative;
    box-shadow: 1px 1px 3px rgba(0,0,0, 0.25);
    <xen:if is="{$xenOptions.DisplayOnlineLocation} == '5' OR {$xenOptions.DisplayOnlineLocation} == '6'">
        margin-right: -11px;
    </xen:if>
    <xen:if is="{$xenOptions.DisplayOnlineLocation} == '2' OR {$xenOptions.DisplayOnlineLocation} == '4'">
        margin-top: -20px;
    <xen:if is="{$xenOptions.DisplayOnlineLocation} == '3' OR {$xenOptions.DisplayOnlineLocation} == '5'">
        margin-top: 6px;
    <xen:if is="{$xenOptions.OnlineStatusRibbon_URRfix}">
        <xen:if is="{$xenOptions.DisplayOnlineLocation} == '2' OR {$xenOptions.DisplayOnlineLocation} == '4'">
            margin-top: -20px;
        <xen:if is="{$xenOptions.DisplayOnlineLocation} == '3' OR {$xenOptions.DisplayOnlineLocation} == '5'">
            margin-top: 6px;
    <xen:else />

}

.UserOnline {
    @property "OnlineStatusRibbonOnlineSettings";
    font-weight: bold;
    font-size: 10px;
    color: #ffffff;
    background: #008000 url('@imagePath/xenforo/gradients/category-23px-light.png') repeat-x 0 0;
    border: 1px solid #008000;
    @property "/OnlineStatusRibbonOnlineSettings";
}

.UserOffline {
    @property "OnlineStatusRibbonOfflineSettings";
    font-weight: bold;
    font-size: 10px;
    color: #ffffff;
    background: #B40404 url('@imagePath/xenforo/gradients/category-23px-light.png') repeat-x 0 0;
    border: 1px solid #B40404;
    @property "/OnlineStatusRibbonOfflineSettings";
}

.UserOnline span,  .UserOffline span {
    border-top-right-radius: 3px;
    position: absolute;
    top: -4px;
    right: -1px;
    width: 5px;
    height: 4px;
}
.UserOnline span {
    @property "OnlineStatusRibbonOnlineSettingsSpan";
    background-color: #008000;
    @property "/OnlineStatusRibbonOnlineSettingsSpan";
}

.UserOffline span {
    @property "OnlineStatusRibbonOfflineSettingsSpan";
    background-color: #B40404;
    @property "/OnlineStatusRibbonOfflineSettingsSpan";
}

Last edited:
in EXTRA.css, add this:

HTML:
.UserOnlineInvisible span { background-color: #ffff00; }

That should set the color to yellow.

When I put the banner in certain different positions, such as below the user title, I get duplicate banners:

Attachments

• Status Banner.webp
    Status Banner.webp
    43.7 KB · Views: 13
I like the tiny dot as indicator :)

But: Would it be possible, to have a yellow or a greyed dot for users, who would like to hide their online status?

The issue I reported above was resolved by @mistypants.

Anyway, is it possible to have these hook into other places? Namely:
  • Personal conversations
  • Member profiles
  • Member cards

Is there a conditional I can put into the message template to add a class to each post depending if the user is online. Such as... the deleted class:

Code:
 {xen:if $message.isDeleted, 'deleted'}

Ideally something like this:

Code:
{xen:if $userStatus.userOnline, 'online'}

Top Bottom