Not a bug RSS - New reply on resource discussion = New Resource entry on rss

The RSS has always been ordered by last reply time -- this is the same in XF1. (Though XF2 actually supports switching this particular RSS feed order via "order=post_date".)

Ok but in this way RSS subscribers (humans or bot like IFTTT, ZAPIER, etc) every time someone replies to a resource discussion get a notification about a New Resource created.

how about, creating an RSS entry about the content type "thread" instead of "resource"?

It's ok and good supporting feed order by post_date but, in this case, I see a content type issue more than a feed order issue.

That RSS only contains threads -- you're getting a notification of a thread being updated, it just happens to be about a resource.

We almost always present threads based on when they were last updated, so the RSS feed mimics that by default. If your use case is different, you can use an alternate sorting.

oh... maybe now I understand.
Looking to the RSS entry I missed that the entry was the first post of the thread and not the resource itself. :sleep:

So if a user replies to a thread, the RSS entry display the first post and not the reply itself. A different sorting will change this behavior? :unsure:

The different sorting would effectively mean that the RSS only represents new thread creations, not the threads with most recent replies. (Ordered by first vs last post date.)

Top Bottom