1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 RSS icons

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by davs, Jan 26, 2016.

1. davs

davs Member

Can anyone help me with something I can place into extra.css to remove all rss icons from my forum but not lose the rss function ( I am auto sharing to FB and Twitter still.)

Tell me why I get a directed to a page titled:
    "This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below."
    when I click on any of these rss icons.

Either way I'd like to remove just the icons, not the whole function.

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You can remove the icons by editing the template, or just use CSS to hide them.

This set of guides will help: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/how-to.4390/

The message you receive when clicking on the feed is due to a lack of browser support for the format.
    Try Firefox - it should show correctly there.
    davs likes this.
  3. davs

davs Member

Thanks, that was fast. I have so much custom stuff I am worried about upgrading, so should I do most things in extra.css? will that make it easier to apply most things after an upgrade.
  4. davs

davs Member

I went to style properties - forum/node list - tiny icon - miscellaneous - display: none;

It worked for rss icon and I haven't noticed any other icons disappear so far.