1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed RSS Feeder formatting issues

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by aruffell, Apr 10, 2013.

1. aruffell

aruffell Member

So trying to set up some RSS feeds and obviously you can have content or description.

So I don't want the whole content so am using this:

Code:
    {description}

[url="{link}"]Continue reading...[/url]
    Upon previewing the feed entry, it shows as:

Any ideas on getting it to format correctly?

Thanks.

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

What's the feed URL?

3. aruffell

aruffell Member

4. aruffell

aruffell Member

5. Mike

I had to modify the code to support descriptions with HTML entities in them (by decoding them). This will be fixed in 1.1.5.

Otherwise, you can change this in library/XenForo/Model/Feed.php:
    Code:
    'description' => $entry->getDescription(),
    to:
    Code:
    'description' => html_entity_decode($entry->getDescription(), ENT_COMPAT, 'utf-8'),

Veer, 0xym0r0n, CallieJo and 4 others like this.
  6. RobParker

RobParker Well-Known Member

:-(

7. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Why the long face? Any update to increase stability should be welcomed. (y)

8. RobParker

I was assuming that the next release would be a "feature" one but yeah, obviously any update is great news and it's just good to see Mike back fixing things :)

9. Mike

The point was to differentiate from something that's only fixed in 1.2. 1.2 being a superset of 1.1.x, anything fixed in/for 1.1.5 would be included in 1.2. If I'm fixing something in the 1.1 branch, I can't say it's been fixed for 1.2 regardless of release dates.

RobParker and Jeremy like this.
  10. Kevin

Kevin Well-Known Member

11. aruffell

aruffell Member

You are a superstar :) thanks mate.

Andy

12. Mike

Kevin and Brogan like this.
  13. Kevin

Kevin Well-Known Member

Yes!
    [​IMG]
    Absolutely! :D Can stuff be sent via the XF mailing address or is there a separate PO box for you? Any preferred flavors you & the Mrs. would prefer (eg: the chocolate cupcakes, the peanut butter KandyKakes, etc.)?

PS: For those wondering why this makes me happy, you'll be able to make use of the enclosure tag for other stuff besides just NASA's pic of the day. Ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RSS_enclosure

14. Jeremy

15. Mike

I knew already, but I chose not to mention it, you filthy Pens fan you! ;)

Jeremy likes this.
  16. RobParker

Interesting :)

The assumption I made was that you have a code base you're working on for the next release. If you're at the stage where you've incorporated extra features then it'd be 1.2, if you're fixing these bugs but you're not at the new feature stage yet it'd be 1.1.5.

Or do you have parallel code sets where you could in one instance be adding new features but bug fixes are done in parallel on a different version of the code? I guess I'm asking is the code that modular that bug fixes don't affect new features and vice-versa?

17. Jeremy

Most development occurs in separate branches (coming from a developers stand point), Basically there is 2 parallel versions of code going. Once a bug is fixed, that change is propagated through every necessary line of development through simple commands in the version control system. Meaning, its easier to fix in older code (1.1 in this case) and send changes forward in versions than just fix in v1.2 and again in v1.1.

Also, it gives customers a more stable release by fixing in v1.1. (y)

So... what place are your Philthy Phillies? 12th now? Lemme check, but I know we are #1! ;)

Mike likes this.
  18. aruffell

aruffell Member

19. Jeremy

20. BamaStangGuy

BamaStangGuy Well-Known Member

I am assuming he edited his file per Mike's suggestion and is reporting that issues still remain...