XF 2.1 RSS Feed with customized access?

Skyrider

I noticed that the RSS feeds that are provided by Xenforo are either global and or per node but both only if those nodes are available to the public eye. Understandable, but what if I wish to have a private feed from a certain node? Is there anyway I can create a custom node feed with an url that can view that specific node that is not available to guests?

Not really. If you can login to the forum with your RSS reader and it sends proper cookies when fetching feeds (ie: a browser based RSS reader), you will be able to access feeds for private forums. There's nothing in core to generate private links for stateless/unauthenticated clients though.

@Jeremy P

Is it within Xenforo's abilities to create a css code to hide the section, and create some kind of template code that targets all IP's except for 1 in the unregistered group to allow to read the section and forward the rest of the IP's that are within unregistered to a public thread on the forums?

Really personally feel that RSS in XF is very limited access option wise.

Something like that (or proper access tokens) could be accomplished via an add-on. I imagine it's fairly limited in the core because RSS feeds aren't used as much these days.

Top Bottom