Route Question

Brent W

In the process of moving one of my forums from vBulletin to xenForo, I need to port over this: http://www.fordforumsonline.com/recalls/

It has a rather simple URL structure as you can see. http://www.fordforumsonline.com/recalls/2011/e_450/60854/

I have the landing page /recalls/ working in xenForo but now I am a bit unsure on how to do the minor routes for the year, model and recall id in the last url above.

Here is my code so far (don't make fun :()

PHP:
<?php

class BamaStangGuy_Database_Route_Prefix_Recalls implements XenForo_Route_Interface
{
    /**
    * Match a specific route for an already matched prefix.
    * @see XenForo_Route_Interface::match()
    */
    public function match($routePath, Zend_Controller_Request_Http $request, XenForo_Router $router)
    {
        $action = $router->resolveActionWithStringParam($routePath, $request, 'recalls');
        return $router->getRouteMatch('BamaStangGuy_Database_ControllerPublic_Recalls', $action, 'recalls');
    }

/**
    * Method to build a link to the specified page/action with the provided
    * data and params.
    * @see XenForo_Route_BuilderInterface
    */
    public function buildLink($originalPrefix, $outputPrefix, $action, $extension, $data, array &$extraParams)
    {
        return XenForo_Link::buildBasicLinkWithStringParam($outputPrefix, $action, $extension, $data, 'recalls');
    }
}

PHP:
<?php

class BamaStangGuy_Database_ControllerPublic_Recalls extends XenForo_ControllerPublic_Abstract
{ 
    public function actionIndex()
    {
        $viewParams = array('recalls' => $this->_getRecallsModel()->getDistinctYears(), 'latest' => $this->_getRecallsModel()->getLatestRecalls());
        return $this->responseView('XenForo_ViewPublic_Base', 'bamastangguy_database', $viewParams);
    }

/**
    * Get the simple text model.
    * @return SimpleText_Model_SimpleText
    */
    protected function _getRecallsModel()
    {
        return $this->getModelFromCache ( 'BamaStangGuy_Database_Model_Recalls' );
    }
}

PHP:
<?php
class BamaStangGuy_Database_Model_Recalls extends XenForo_Model
{
    /**
    * Get all the rows of our table.
    */
    public function getDistinctYears()
    {
        return $this->fetchAllKeyed('SELECT DISTINCT vehicle_year FROM ext_data_recall WHERE vehicle_make = \'FORD\' ORDER BY vehicle_year DESC', 'recall_id');
    }

public function getLatestRecalls()
    {
        return $this->fetchAllKeyed('SELECT *
        FROM ext_data_recall
        WHERE vehicle_make = \'FORD\'
            AND vehicle_model <> \'FORD\'
        ORDER BY creation_date DESC
        LIMIT 10', 'recall_id');
    }
}

How do I go from here and create the other urls?

Change recalls to recall_id

PHP:
<?php

class BamaStangGuy_Database_Route_Prefix_Recalls implements XenForo_Route_Interface
{
    /**
    * Match a specific route for an already matched prefix.
    * @see XenForo_Route_Interface::match()
    */
    public function match($routePath, Zend_Controller_Request_Http $request, XenForo_Router $router)
    {
        $action = $router->resolveActionWithStringParam($routePath, $request, 'recall_id');
        return $router->getRouteMatch('BamaStangGuy_Database_ControllerPublic_Recalls', $action, 'recalls');
    }

/**
    * Method to build a link to the specified page/action with the provided
    * data and params.
    * @see XenForo_Route_BuilderInterface
    */
    public function buildLink($originalPrefix, $outputPrefix, $action, $extension, $data, array &$extraParams)
    {
        return XenForo_Link::buildBasicLinkWithStringParam($outputPrefix, $action, $extension, $data, 'recall_id');
    }
}

Thanks. I really don't understand this stuff. Things were so much more simple to do with vBulletin lol.

Top Bottom