1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Route Filters

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by CreationNation, Nov 18, 2015.

1. CreationNation

CreationNation Active Member

Heya @Brogan @Mike - I'm about to start the export and move my (very large) forum. I have a last minute change I want to do with these route filters.

I have my site in the /forums subdirectory, so I am dealing with the forum/forums "issue". I have a lot of subforums (you can see at ultimate metal dot com / forum). Will I take a performance hit if I add a route filter to change all the individual child forums/nodes, example:

Find: forums/progpower-usa.120/
    Replace: festival/progpower-usa/ (it's ok to remove the # in this instance , yes?)

Find: forums/anthrax.118/
    Replace: bands/anthrax/

etc. etc.

I essentially want to categorize my child nodes as they're visually catgorized on the site (bands, festivals, zine, etc.).

I do see on the help page you have this example, but I am not sure if it is literal?

With route filters, you can make your URLs have a hierarchy as well:
    • Find: pages/parent/, replace: parent/
    • Find: pages/child/, replace: parent/child/
    • Find: pages/grandchild/, replace: parent/child/grandchild/
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Why not just add a URL portion for each forum, which will remove the period and ID?
  3. CreationNation

CreationNation Active Member

@Brogan I added that after the fact, that was a secondary question mixed in (sorry). I just looked up the URL portion you brought up, "duh!" is my response on that part :)

My main concern was the:

to any one of:

Other than adding those in manually (and possibly taking a performance hit?) I don't know of any shortcuts using the name/digit/string options to achieve that. If it drags the forum speed down I'd want to think of an alternate solution.
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2015