Rosters

Rosters [Paid] 1.1.1

No permission to buy ($35.00)

Naz

XenForo developer
Staff member
NixFifty submitted a new resource:

Rosters - Rosters for clans, guilds, teams and more.

Features:

• Support for multiple rosters laid out across tabs in an order you choose.
  • Individual and optional profiles for roster members to view collated information.
  • Custom roster fields of varying types on a per-roster basis.
  • Simple awards system to recognise and highlight your members and their achievements.
  • Simple records system to add notable information to a member's profile.
  • Integration with...

Read more about this resource...

Does this have any scheduling / activity planning / who-does-what-and-when functionality? Because that's what comes to mind when I think of "roster". From the screenshots and live demo, it appears as though this just provides another way to present a group / sub-group of members. Am I missing something?

It does not have any type of activity planning or scheduling. I'm not sure exactly your use case but it does have custom fields where you can do quite a bit of customizing.

This basically tracks roster member's service records with the ability to assign awards.

Very interesting. Does it work with usergroups or how can I specify which user belongs to which position?

Very interesting. Does it work with usergroups or how can I specify which user belongs to which position?
When adding a user to a roster, you can select what position they belong to.

We're looking at building a feature that'll mass import users in to positions and rosters based on their current user group(s). :)

Thanks for your prompt answer, this is exactly what I am looking for! You have one more customer :D

Reactions: Naz
This is very interesting, this could be used as a member directory for clubs too.

What is customizable? Could you provide more screenshots from the ACP settings please. Also permission options would be great to see.

What is customizable?
What kind of customisations are you looking for?
Could you provide more screenshots from the ACP settings please. Also permission options would be great to see.
There isn't too much to show on this front. There's an option to set which roster is the default and permissions to control who can view rosters and who can add users, awards and records.

What kind of customisations are you looking for?

The join date, the game played and the othes entries per user. Because I don't need it in a game setting at all but in a social club setting. So it would be great if the admin can customize those fields entirely.

The join date, the game played and the othes entries per user. Because I don't need it in a game setting at all but in a social club setting. So it would be great if the admin can customize those fields entirely.
Those are just examples of custom roster fields that have been added to that specific roster to give a small indication of what can be achieved. I've edited the resource to clarify that those screenshots are merely an example.

On a fresh install, you'd set up your own roster fields so yeah, you'd be able to tweak it to work best for your social club(s).

On a fresh install, you'd set up your own roster fields so yeah, you'd be able to tweak it to work best for your social club(s).
Very good. Thank you for clarifying that.

If only the parts that can be viewed would reflect different permission stages it would be awesome. For example that entries can only be seen by certain users groups.

Very good. Thank you for clarifying that.

If only the parts that can be viewed would reflect different permission stages it would be awesome. For example that entries can only be seen by certain users groups.
You mean like only letting certain user groups seeing certain fields? If so, yeah that could be done and I'll jot it down for the next update. :)

You guys can see a working demo here of the main roster (I'm aware it's linked in the resource too):

https://gamerexit.com/rosters/

"GE Status" and "Favorite Game" are both custom fields setup. We have a guide on Pixel Exit how to achieve a custom field using a simple drop-down box which turns into images. This is how editing the user would look with a couple custom fields:

Screenshot_10.webp

Also to get an idea of the Service Record + Awards you can check out my profile:

https://gamerexit.com/rosters/profile?uniqueid=1 (the text is all silly filler text :D)

It does not have any type of activity planning or scheduling
Then, by definition, it's not really a "roster". Maybe it's a language barrier/difference, or changes meaning in a different context, but a traditional "roster" is like a timetable of people doing things at a particular time. Here's just one example:

roster.jpg

and of course, just do a Google image search for "roster" for many more examples.

Like I mentioned earlier, and it was repeated by @Freelancer ("member directory for clubs"), this addon appears to categorise and display members based on configurable criteria. I'm not saying anything is wrong with what you've done, it's just that the title is/was misleading (to me) :)

Thanks for the clarification!

Looks very interesting gentlemen. (y)

This might just be the fix I am looking for with a Pokédex.

/gets to reading up and researching.

Then, by definition, it's not really a "roster". Maybe it's a language barrier/difference, or changes meaning in a different context, but a traditional "roster" is like a timetable of people doing things at a particular time. Here's just one example:

roster.jpg

and of course, just do a Google image search for "roster" for many more examples.

Like I mentioned earlier, and it was repeated by @Freelancer ("member directory for clubs"), this addon appears to categorise and display members based on configurable criteria. I'm not saying anything is wrong with what you've done, it's just that the title is/was misleading (to me) :)

Thanks for the clarification!

I see where you're coming from... but if you were to google team roster, clan roster, guild roster I think you'll find it is literally a list of people on the team/clan/guild. By definition, roster has a few meanings one of which being list :D.

No plans for that sort of "roster" at all in this specific plugin.

Looks very interesting gentlemen. (y)

This might just be the fix I am looking for with a Pokédex.

/gets to reading up and researching.

Thanks Sheldon, let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks Sheldon, let us know if you have any questions.

Will do. Appreciate that.

Looking at the options now, just curious how I could customize it to work for what I am looking for. Been out of doing this for so long, would take me ages to get it responsive, etc. Either way, again, looks very interesting.

Priced very reasonably, and very thoughtful of you guys not adding more copyright. Definitely expanding PE, and deservedly so.

You could add users to a specific group that with the correct permissions can add users, add awards and service records to a roster predefined by an admin. Creating a roster is controlled in the ACP only at this time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom