Rosters

Rosters [Paid] 1.1.1

No permission to buy ($35.00)
I basically over the years added all the Roster type fields to XenForo custom user fields so recreating them all would really suck... So if you could allow some importing or maybe a section where you could allow linking to the same fields that would be great!

I basically over the years added all the Roster type fields to XenForo custom user fields so recreating them all would really suck... So if you could allow some importing or maybe a section where you could allow linking to the same fields that would be great!
Some customers have suggested allowing the display of custom user fields and this is something we're exploring for the next version. :D

Thanks for the fast feedback am looking forward to this! ;)

The other is mass adding users from user groups or linking user groups instead of adding them all one by one... I also put all clan members into user groups already would like to simply load them into the addon...

I really hate the default date tool everyone uses for XenForo it's a real pain in the ass using a tablet or laptop to change the years for imputing the user join date was curious if you could put in some other kind of date input where it would be faster to change the years?

Ok the other big idea would be incorporating a Application addon much like many developed over the years that allowed users to apply to different jobs. Could even allow features like voting on whether the member would be allowed to join but am sure that's a huge job would most likely triple your development costs!

Reactions: Naz
Is there a demo of this anywhere besides Gamer Exit?

I have an idea what I want to do, but I am not certain it can be accomplished. It "seems" with this add-on it can... I just would hate to drop $25 and figure out that it won't work. I'm really interested in the custom fields aspect, especially the "Information" area (viewing Russ' roster profile).

Perhaps @Steve F, @Russ or @NixFifty could give info on another running example.

Is there a demo of this anywhere besides Gamer Exit?

I have an idea what I want to do, but I am not certain it can be accomplished. It "seems" with this add-on it can... I just would hate to drop $25 and figure out that it won't work. I'm really interested in the custom fields aspect, especially the "Information" area (viewing Russ' roster profile).

Perhaps @Steve F, @Russ or @NixFifty could give info on another running example.
No worries, I understand. :D

Any customers are free to pitch in their sites to be showcased as demos, of course. Off hand, I know the original client that commissioned for this to be made runs a pretty crazy setup (tons of data) here: https://7cav.us/rosters/

What specially are you trying to do and I can probably tell you if it'll be able to be accomplished with relative ease or if you'd need to hold off until a subsequent update?

I'm looking to replicate the Pokédex from Pokémon Go.

You'd have 151 squares displayed on users area at all times, with silhouettes. When the member selects that they have them, they check the box and then it displays that they have captured it (with its actual image displayed).

1mmm.webp

Something like that, just smaller scale.

Possibly add other things on the page, Date Started, Level, Team, etc...

I'm looking to replicate the Pokédex from Pokémon Go.

You'd have 151 squares displayed on users area at all times, with silhouettes. When the member selects that they have them, they check the box and then it displays that they have captured it (with its actual image displayed).

View attachment 139599

Something like that, just smaller scale.

Possibly add other things on the page, Date Started, Level, Team, etc...

It's not something the Rosters plugin would let you do. Currently at the moment it's managed entirely by the people who have permissions to edit it, so each user would not be able to go in and edit their information. I believe we'll be allowing it so each field would be able to be edited by each user if it's allowed but it's not in there now.

One thing you could do is simply custom user fields, maybe a plugin like this: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/th-user-field-categories.2343/ to sort the pokedex into a single profile page. From there you could create a custom tab on the profile calling all of the custom user fields. Maybe use the output html to achieve the black/colored images.

I'm really hoping we can add guildie's in-game characters to this someday (guildies should be able to add a character names themselves as well), in addition to an auto sync with the member directory.

Is there any possibility of expanding this to allow specific users to manage specific rosters?

A little background. I'm using this for an RP community in Second Life. In this community there are different "Ministries", kinda like the Orwellian Ministries of "1984". Anyway, each is run by a couple of higher ups, and we're using the Roster system to manage and cleanly display their group membership. What I'm looking for is a way to keep our Science Minister from modifying our Education Ministers roster and vice versa.

Nice to finally see a roster system come up. Wanted to use this... actually have it installed. Though I am finding it lacks some functionality.
  • You can not sort any column. Roster order is by DTG of input only.
  • No way to remove members on the roster.
  • No way to assign a usergroup to manage its own roster.

I also have it collecting dust -- I've paid for it but never set it up. I run an MMO gaming guild.

Why?

- No way to remove members on the roster is a deal killer.

- As is no auto sync with the member directory. With a thousand members It would take far too much time to manually put each guildie in the new roster system.

- Finally I need to provide a way for guildies to sign up for events as their in-game character name.

This addon does none of these things.

Feature Requests

• Sort by column: Any custom column can be sorted Alphabetically, Numerically, or Custom entry displays only custom field entry i.e. Class Column has Warrior, Ranger, Rogue, Cleric. You only want to see warriors, drop down select warrior will only display warriors.
  • Assign Roster Moderators: Ability to assign Super Roster Moderator, Manages All Roster Tabs. - Ability to assign Roster Moderator, Manages A Single Roster Tab. Assign by Individual or User Group.
  • Auto Assign to Roster by user group: Set roster rule - member must be in usergroup (name) to be listed on this roster. If member is in user group (name) auto add user name to roster. If member leaves or is removed from user group, auto removes from roster. Custom roster fields will still have to be manually entered.
  • Users can/can not manage own custom fields. - Set rule per custom field, user can edit own information. This way the user can edit their own class, race, profession, etc. While Guild officers may not want to let user edit certain fields i.e. Rank. By setting each custom field with rule moderator editable or user or moderator editable.
  • Roster specific calendar with RSVP system. In a multi-guild gaming organization the single calendar can get quite messy and jumbled with events. Have a Specific Calendar per roster would alleviate the madness. Only members of the user group(s) assigned to that roster would be able to see and utilize the calendar. Moderators could be assigned to post events Date Time Duration - Who What When Where Why and How. Then members could RVSP with note. Yes No Maybe, note information. i.e. Xaices RSVP YES: NOTE: Ranger - Ranged DPS - Bringing Consumables - Heal Pots and Food Buffs. Note displays on mouse over of users RSVP answer.

These are features are required by a roster made for any gaming organization. As it stands this addon in its current state serves no purpose as it just lacks the functionality required to manage and operate from a gaming organization stand point.

Xaices nails it. This is what we need.

Can we get confirmation if this will get added in? As this addon is sold as a resource for guilds, these features are must haves and noone is doing it in xenforo so all profits go to the dev.

Just wanted to throw out there another live example of this addon, been a great addition for our group.

Top Bottom