Add-on Roles

Lawrence

I decided to take a break from the stats add-on found in this forum a little further down, to work on this.

The roles add-on displays a list of roles you may have assigned members via secondary user groups. This add-on depends on 'Use the following user title:' being selected and a title typed in. It supports HTML you may have included in the title, ie: <span style="color: blue;">Moderator</span>

It also supports custom user titles, but not HTML you may have added as that is a user group permission setting. It was added because an administrator may have set their custom tile to something like "Site owner".

For posts, this add-on also adds a thread starter indicator if selected in options. It will display after the list of member roles and before the new message indicator.

Open to suggestions, tweaks, etc.

Screen shots (though minor changes may be made later):

member_view.pngoptions.pngroles_page.pngstyle_properties.pngthread_view.png

Stay safe all,
Lawrence

Last edited:
Just an update. This add-on is just about ready to be released. I've added filters to allow filtering by staff, or not staff, and by role. I also added an option to sort members by user ID, or by user group ID (this ensures admins and moderators are listed first and then second). What I'm not sure of is if a widget would be beneficial or not, and if so, what info should the widget display: just the role name that when clicked takes you to the page showing just members with that role? Or display X number of members listing their roles? I'm still thinking about it, and any ideas for a widget is appreciated.

Stay safe,
Lawrence

I decided to add a widget. It just displays the roles, either as a comma separated list, or each role on its own line. I added a style property for the widget to change font size, alignment, and padding. See screen shots below.

widget_1.webpwidget_2.webpwidget_3.webpwidget_4.webp

Stay safe,
Lawrence

Top Bottom