XF 2.2 Robot Facebook IP

Nicolas FR

Hello,

I just see that Robot Facebook use exactly the same IP adress than me when it crawls my forum, is it normal ?
I refresh the page many times to see if it's change but not.

Capture d’écran 2020-11-20 002257.webp

I don't use Cloudflare, for the reverse proxy i don't think so I'm on a basic shared host.
Others bots like Google, Amazon, OVH or Majestic doesn't use my IP address.

I don't use Cloudflare, for the reverse proxy i don't think so I'm on a basic shared host.
Others bots like Google, Amazon, OVH or Majestic doesn't use my IP address.
were you logged into facebook when they crawled ? try to see if you log off facebook and not login will it be the same IP again or not. and when you say same IP you mean your phone IP or your home IP or you server IP ?

Hello, thanks for your answer.
I have never had a facebook account. Regarding the IP address it is the one assigned to me by my internet provider.
that would be really weird and is, as I don;t know how facebook would use your home IP address to scrap your website ? really awkward. sorry I cannot think of any reason why this would have happened

Hello, thanks for your answer.
I have never had a facebook account. Regarding the IP address it is the one assigned to me by my internet provider.
intresting google search I did and found this about alot of the bad bots, they use residential IP proxies
this is pretty messed up how our browsers can;t stop this, not sure if this pertains to you but seems that it is possible after reading this.. not sure if is from an advertisement that popsup in your web browsing activity or how else, but was an eye opener to read

https://datadome.co/bot-management-protection/one-third-bad-bots-using-residential-ip-addresses/

Top Bottom