1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not Planned RM interface is confusing and not in line with XF easy interface

Discussion in 'Resource Manager Closed Suggestions' started by erich37, Jan 30, 2012.

1. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

Sorry to say, but I think the interface of the RM is quite confusing.

sidebar at the left:

sidebar at the right:

I would suggest for the "Resource Manager" to also use the same logic, simple and sexy page-layout and interface for which XenForo is known and famous for:

Put the Tabs into the Nav-Bar.
    Put the "Categories", "Top Resources" and "Most Active Authors" into the sidebar at the right.

See suggestions as per screenshots:

Kim and PoLiZe like this.
  2. Trekkan

Trekkan Well-Known Member

I like the tabs really. I think that the sub nav could have much more valuable items in it at a later date really.
  3. erich37

which ones?
  4. ChemicalKicks

ChemicalKicks Well-Known Member

I don't understand why we can't comment directly on the resource.
    dwdmadmac, Shelley and erich37 like this.
  5. erich37

ChemicalKicks likes this.
  6. ChemicalKicks

ChemicalKicks Well-Known Member

7. Trekkan

At this point, I have no idea. As this is currently the first view we've had of the product, I assume there's more to come and that the subnav could be used for higher priority functions. Just a guess is all really. Like I said, the tabs don't bother me, I like 'em. If they were moved to the subnav, that'd be fine still.
  8. giorgino

giorgino Well-Known Member

9. Trekkan

I only think the first page is confusing with every type of add-on listed together. Once you click a sub category or whatever, then it's fine.