1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[RM] Determine Whether a User has Bought a Product

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Terry Harvey, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Terry Harvey

Terry Harvey Member

I'm thinking of purchasing a Resource Manager licence, but before I do, I'd like an answer to my biggest question.

I'm going to be selling scripts/designs on my forum. I'd like to create a node to offer support for these products, but only allow users who have bought the product to access said node. Is this possible somehow?

Thanks in advance for your help! :)

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

The RM doesn't support internal purchasing at this time so it'd have to be handled through some other system.

Pereira likes this.
  3. Terry Harvey

Terry Harvey Member

Thanks for the incredibly fast response. :)

What do you mean by this?

4. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The RM can't handle payments, licensing, restricted downloads (on a per resource level), etc. You will have to do something like go through paypal and manually do it, link to an upgrade and use permissions to restrict access to forums, etc. or use an outside processor (cart/store system) to handle the payments and downloads.

The RM can house 'updates' (text without download) and listing of the resource.

5. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

He means it doesn't support directly paying - you can only link someone somewhere if you want to sell something.

Check out the paid addons in the RM, clicking the buy button links somewhere, probably to the send PM page.

6. Terry Harvey

Terry Harvey Member

Ah. Thanks for your help everyone, much appreciated.