RIP David Baxter

Well damn. I've been acquainted with David (via various internet forums) for years. Sometimes at odds on some topics, sometimes aligned on others. He always struck me a straight shooter and I respected him for his intellectual honesty.

A few years ago he chipped in with me (on another forum owners behalf for his part) to pay for having a custom XF mod built. I had sent him several PMs back on Oct. 17 regarding an update for that custom mod and was wondering why he hadn't been here to see & respond. :(

The David Baxter who posted regularly here (djbaxter) did pass away last weekend.

This was after a long bout with colon cancer.

I have been in contact with David's family and posted info at the forum he founded:

Remembering David

To my knowledge, there is no public obituary as of yet. (Another David J. Baxter recently passed away in the same province.)

The family is planning a celebration of life later in the spring, such as around David's birthday (April 25, 1947).

Last edited:
My condolences to his family and friends. I did not know David but many here did and benefitted from his help and friendship. I wish I had gotten to know him. May he rest in eternal peace.

The David Baxter who posted regularly here (djbaxter) did pass away last weekend.

This was after a long bout with colon cancer.

I have been in contact with David's family and posted info at the forum he founded:

Remembering David

To my knowledge, there is no public obituary as of yet. (Another David J. Baxter recently passed away in the same province.)

The family is planning a celebration of life later in the spring, such as around David's birthday (April 25, 1947).
Thank you for providing more accurate information. Such a sad time, David was a true gentleman here and will be missed.

Sad news, David helped build my enthusiasm for switching to XF when I first started out and a very knowledgeable guy all around. RIP.

That's so sad to hear, I had no idea he was ill. I've always greatly valued his contributions to the forums we had in common. He will be sorely missed.

R.I.P. David Baxter.

Sorry to hear that, I always found his insights illuminating and useful even when we did not always have the same opinions on a subject. The world is missing just a little more of its kindness.

Top Bottom