Ridemonkey.com - biking forums of all kinds, now on XenForo!

Ridemonkey

I did a ton of planning to migrate my ~3m post, ~80k member forum from vBulletin, which I have been increasingly frustrated with over the years.

In the end, I transitioned the entire thing with about 1 hour of downtime and essentially no loss in functionality. The only things I didn't migrate were reputation (deliberate) and classifieds (would have been too much work).

I'm incredibly pleased with the ease of management of XenForo as compared to vBulletin. I was also very worried about how the members would take it - they tend to really, really dislike change. Polls and discussions seem to indicate the majority are happy with it, though!

Check it out, let me know what you guys think.

http://www.ridemonkey.com/

Nice work. I like the photos on the landing page, adds a nice professional touch to it and draws you in. The forum itself is nicely styled and clean/easy.

Nice work. I like the photos on the landing page, adds a nice professional touch to it and draws you in. The forum itself is nicely styled and clean/easy.

Thanks! I've always struggled a little with the landing page and whether to just dump the users straight into the forums, but I keep coming back to thinking the landing page should help present content, not just display all the options.

Top Bottom