Partial fix Rich text editor issue with keyboards on Android

Martok

When creating or editing a Resource in the Resource Manager using an Android device, if you click in the rich text editor, for example in the Description box, there are problems with the keyboard.

I have texted this with two devices:

With the Nexus 7, when you click in the Description box, the keyboard pops up and then pops back down again.
With the Sony Xperia Z1 Compact when you click in the Description box the keyboard does not appear at all.

In both cases this is using Chrome for Android. Currently the workaround is to use the BB Code editor.

This issue only affects Redactor on the Resource creation/editing screen. There are no issues with it in the rich text editor anywhere else in XenForo.

I can confirm this. It's not exactly an RM bug directly, but I believe it's related to having 2 RTEs on the same page which currently only happens in the RM.

I actually had a case when playing around where clicking the first RTE scrolled me down to the second one and activated my cursor there. I think that might be indicative of the underlying cause and I suspect it will be difficult for us to workaround short of disabling the RTE entirely, but I will investigate.

I haven't found a decent workaround for this, so I've had to disable the second (and onwards) RTEs for Android.

Top Bottom