1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ribbon Style Node Icons Alignment help

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by DieselMinded, Mar 19, 2011.

1. DieselMinded

DieselMinded Active Member

see: http://www.royal4x4.com/index.php

i want them to wrap around the edge , if i move them over they delete the boarder :( , messed with a few different css files cant seem to find the trick to moving them over on the edge .

your help is appreciated
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Moved from development questions to general support.

Edit: When I get some time I'll have a look at it.
  3. DieselMinded

i think the problem is that the node icons are coded as background images :(
  4. Brogan

That shouldn't make a difference - that's how the new post indicators are done.

If you check the css for that, it should give you some pointers as to how to get yours working.
  5. DieselMinded

i coped the new post icon css and since its on the opposite side i flipped all the settings and everything and no go ... 3 hours now just trying to move these images to the side without breaking the boarder
  6. DieselMinded

i want the category headers to stay centered inside the borders , if i take the margin off the boarder it drags the strips over too , i just want the icons on the side and the content can come over some but the category strips should remain centered
  7. DieselMinded

somehow i screwed something up because now IE dont have any rounded corners
  8. Brogan

IE 8 and below doesn't support the border-radius attribute.
  9. DieselMinded

i give up on the icons , will give xenforo community some time to see if someone can help before i just abandon the idea. its possible because its been done with the "New" image on posts
  10. Nasr

Nasr Well-Known Member

That's how it looks on IE 8. Did you need it to look different?
  11. DieselMinded

yes i want the ribbons wrapped around the border, when i move them over they either disappear under it or they take the border out completely
  12. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

This is what I've got so far. You can see I got the icons moved over to the border like you want. But it appears to be inserting a line break and I can't figure out how to stop that:

Screen shot 2011-03-20 at 12.27.49 AM.png

Edit this template:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> EXTRA.css

Add this code:

.node .nodeInfo
    	overflow: visible !important;
    .node .nodeIcon
    	position: relative;
    	left: -25px;
    Hopefully this helps.
    Nasr and DieselMinded like this.
  13. DieselMinded