Rewrite custom urls

Ranma1981

Hello,

I was really impressed from this software, congratulations at Kier, Jake Bunce and other guys, you have created a product truly excellent.

Please, I have some questions regarding the possibility to set custom urls with Xenforo. I prefer use clear and short urls, the best for search engines. I would like understand if I can use these (below) urls, with some customized .htaccess, or other modifications.

1) Forum sections urls

If I install Xenforo in a subdomain, is possible set for forum sections, urls as these?

Code:
community.mysite.it/name-forum-sport/

Code:
community.mysite.it/name-forum-music/

Etc.

And not...

community.mysite.it/forum/name-forum-sport/

I found the addon of Jake Bunce, Route Changer, is possible using it remove "forum" word from URL?

2) Thread Urls

Enabling the options in the Administration, it seems that is possible set an url of this type:

community.mysite.it/threads/post-title.1/

Uhm, is this customized? Is possible use instead of "threads" the name of forum or remove it from url?

I prefer to set a url like this:

a) community.mysite.it/name-forum/post-title-ID/

or

b) community.mysite.it/post-title-ID/

3) Member Urls

Is possible modify the symbol . with - in the urls?

Code:
xenforo.com/community/members/jake-bunce.9/

to

Code:
xenforo.com/community/members/jake-bunce-9/

Thank you,
Regards

1) You can use the Route Changer addon to change "forums" to something else, but you can't remove it.

2) As with "forums", you can change "threads" using the Route Changer but you can't remove it. Changing it to the name of the forum requires a proper addon and it is likely to be messy for a variety of reasons. I recommend against this.

3) That is possible but it requires an addon to extend the route handler for "members".

Hello Jake,

thank you for your reply. So...some other questions for you.

1) I saw many forums with Xenforo (from the signatures of members here), and it seems that someone have a clear url for his forum homepage:

a) exoticfishforum.com

b) shottalk.com

And for forum sections:

shottalk.com/forums/introductions.26/

So, is possible don't have mysite.com/community/forum/name-section?

Don't tell me that is possible also if I install XF on the root of site...:eek:

According you, are those custom redirect with .htaccess?

2) Ok for thread urls. I could use "post" instead "threads".

3) So, is possible change the symbol . with -, for all urls? Forum section name, thread, members, etc.

Thank you Jake

1) I saw many forums with Xenforo (from the signatures of members here), and it seems that someone have a clear url for his forum homepage:

a) exoticfishforum.com

b) shottalk.com

And for forum sections:

shottalk.com/forums/introductions.26/

So, is possible don't have mysite.com/community/forum/name-section?

Don't tell me that is possible also if I install XF on the root of site...:eek:

According you, are those custom redirect with .htaccess?

That is exactly what they have done... installed XenForo in the web root. This is appropriate if your web site is only the forum.

3) So, is possible change the symbol . with -, for all urls? Forum section name, thread, members, etc.

Yes that should be possible with an addon and/or file modifications. There is a central class for building URL components. You should be able to modify that class. This gets into PHP code though.

Top Bottom