XF 1.4 Revoke Conversation privileges for inidivdual users

RaptureForums

Hi,
I did a search here on the forums and in the Xenforo manual but did not see anything that showed how to revoke conservation privileges for individual users. I've gotten some complaints about people annoying other members via conversations about threads that were locked and need to be able to take away conversation privileges for individual users rather than the whole usergroup.

Does anyone have a link or can tell me how to do this?

Thank you.

ACP -> Users -> User Permissions

You can set them there for individual members.

Hi,
Thank you for the quick reply.

Well, I thought that was the way to do it as it seemed to be a similar method to the way I used to do that in vBulletin before moving to Xenforo. However, when I tried to do that today, it is still allowing the member to post conversations. So, it did not seem to work unless it takes a few minutes for the system to work? So, I am baffled??

I only have 5 member of the admin team that are in the "modified" users section and when I changed the settings for the two members, they appeared in the list as well, so I thought they had been modified. However, I see that they are still posting conversations. Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you.

Set the permissions to Never as that can't be overridden.

Note that they will still be able to reply to existing conversations.

I'm not trying to be argumentative here or cause a problem with the following comment, but it just seems that if they are still able to reply to existing conversations instead of losing access to the system, then that kind of defeats the purprose of restricting the conversations for a user or even usergroup. I know in vBulletin when you restricted conversations or PMs that the entire "system" was revoked and disappeared from their view. That would seem to be better than allowing troublemakers to keep replying and causing trouble via the conversation system by having access to existing conversations.

Is there an add-on or anything that anyone knows that might do what vbulletin does when you revoke conversation or PM permissions?

If not, could this be something that is considered for future releases of Xenforo?

Thank you for your help. It is greatly appreciated. :)

I'm not trying to be argumentative here or cause a problem with the following comment, but it just seems that if they are still able to reply to existing conversations instead of losing access to the system, then that kind of defeats the purprose of restricting the conversations for a user or even usergroup. I know in vBulletin when you restricted conversations or PMs that the entire "system" was revoked and disappeared from their view. That would seem to be better than allowing troublemakers to keep replying and causing trouble via the conversation system by having access to existing conversations.
My Conversation Improvements add-on implements a 'can reply' permission which can be used to prevent someone from replying from an already started conversation.

Top Bottom