Objective: Successful conversion of entire site content to XenForo 1.1.2, including Enhanced Search
Background: Site is currently “homegrown” over approx 10 years using a mixture of static content, dynamic (php+mysql) content, and a busy vBulletin 3.8 forums. Server is i3 3.10GHz with 4Gb RAM using stable LEMP (Linux, Nginx(v1.2), MySQL(v5.5), PHP(v5.3, with fpm)). vBulletin is 1.7Gb with approx. 1.5 million posts and 23,500 users.
- Create sub-domain of beta.site.com
- Install XenForo 1.1 into beta sub-domain following steps from http://xenforo.com/help/installation/
- Review and configure all options
- Define a cache from http://xenforo.com/help/cache/
- Install Enahanced Search from http://xenforo.com/help/enhanced-search/
- Apply/Import previously purchased style. Also install XFS Mobile Style.
- Copy across all static content into XF page nodes.
- Create ‘Meet the Team’page from http://xenforo.com/community/resources/team-staff-page-templates.344/
- Backup XF complete database as “base+static” XF installation
- Perform vBulletin import from http://xenforo.com/help/importing/ (excluding vB search tables, since using XF advanced search). Record time taken, note any errors.
- Install Add-on mods, and configure each appropriately
- Ad Management (mercAds)
- Digital Point User Map
- Join User Groups (by Waindigo)
- Nodes As Tabs
- Hide Memberlist for Guests (ragtek)
- LN Blog
- Tag Me (bd)
- Prepare User Upgrades from http://xenforo.com/help/user-upgrades/ for paid memberships
- Backup XF complete database as “base+static+forums” XF installation
- Create vB forums/topics/posts URL redirect to relevant XF
- Test and evaluate, check usergroup/node permissions. Rectify any errors or issues.
- Take site ‘offline’, redirecting all traffic to a countdown timer
- Move ‘old’ site content offline
- Restore XF DB from step 9 above
- Perform vBulletin import
- Test and evaluate all is OK. Refer checks from step 15 to complete
- Move XF from sub-domain to main domain
- Open site to users/public!!