XF 2.2 Restrict new members send PM

Lucandi

Is it possible to arrange for new members not to send PMs before making 10 posts? Maybe there are addons for that?

Remove the permission for registered group, and promote to another group upon making ten posts.

As for your promotion, make sure the "Registered" group has these permissions set:

1.png

For the group they are promoted into at 10 posts, switch those to yes.

No. Change the permissions, for the registered group as I said, then promote users with 10 posts into another group with those permissions enabled.

Remove the permission for registered group, and promote to another group upon making ten posts.

As for your promotion, make sure the "Registered" group has these permissions set:

1.png

For the group they are promoted into at 10 posts, switch those to yes.

How do I do that?

This add-on allows you to do as you requested...

within the options, set minimum posts: to 10...

1615673196665.webp

View attachment 248473
Thanks, but it should not be necessary to move a new member manually to the group registred after that?

View attachment 248473
Do you have to have another account to log in and download it?

I agree to some degree but it's a lot easier if you're not sure what you're doing to just use an add-on to achieve what you want.
Plus the issue with creating a new group to do so in this instance is it also prevents the new member from receiving and sending PM's to staff as well - something that may be required.

Yes, you create another usergroup and promote users with ten posts into that group. Ensure you set the PM permissions to yes for the new group.
Yes, you create another usergroup and promote users with ten posts into that group. Ensure you set the PM permissions to yes for the new group.
I read both links you posted, I did not get smarter for it. I did as I understood from what you wrote, then old members can not send PM. And new members could still send PMs.

Now I created a member group campaign and not a completely new group

No. The registered usergroup which everyone is in should not have the permission to send PM’s. Your new group should have the permission to send PM’s.

Then you set up a promotion that when someone reaches ten posts, they get promoted into the new group. Then they will be able to send PM’s.

You do not need an addon to do what is available in the core, don’t waste your money.

t is quite unclear, should I create a completely new group, such as, admin, moderator, registred or should I create member group campaign?

Now I have tried different methods but it does not turn out the way I want for any reason.

Top Bottom