Restrict home page to members meeting criteria

SchmitzIT

My forum has quite a few spammers joining it and only filling in their home page and location. I'd ideally be able to shoot them in the face over the Internet, but failing that, is there any way to restrict people from filling in their homepage until they met specific criteria?

I tried coding something along those lines, but it did not quite work out very well. I'm willing to pay for this solution. Interested? Supply me with a quote in this thread.

I'm not sure if there's any add-on that already exists - it may be worth checking out what DD mentions - but couldn't this be achieved with a User Group promotion and some usergroup conditionals?

So just simply wrapping the field in the template with

<xen if is="!{xen:helper ismemberof, $visitor, 2}">
Homepage field
</xen:if>

That should then should show that field to all usergroups except Registered.

If you'd like me to make it into an add-on... really quick in theory so no more than an hour's work... £20?

EDIT: That would simply be an add-on that wraps a conditional around the field/s. You would still need to create the usergroup promotion yourself.

I actually didn't consider the additional usergroup. It shouldn't take me more than 5 minutes to do this in TMS.

Let me see whether I can get that to work, and if not, we'll have Chris turn it into an actual add-on :)

Top Bottom