XF 2.0 Restoring from DB

Charlie J

Hey all,
I've been trying to upgrade my forum when I accidentally seemed to have somehow overidden the files (styles, addons and the config.php). Whilst my DB is still in tact, would I be somehow able to use the /install/ and restore my forum? at least nodes, users and threads.

Ty!

More information is needed.

1) What version are you restoring from and to?
2) Do you have a full database backup?
3) How did you do the database backup?
4) How old is the database backup?

More information is needed.

1) What version are you restoring from and to?
2) Do you have a full database backup?
3) How did you do the database backup?
4) How old is the database backup?
Hey there sorry,
So running XF 2.0, I have a full DB backup (after the incident). I basically override the folders on XenForo when doing a upgrade. The DB is still in tact.

if you've overwritten the contents of your data and internal data directories there really isn't going to be a way for you to recover your attachments unless you have a backup of these directories. To get the forum back into a working state (without the attachments) you'll just need to copy src/config.default.php into src/config.php and fill in all of your DB details. You'll also need to reupload any add-ons and styles you've downloaded

if you've overwritten the contents of your data and internal data directories there really isn't going to be a way for you to recover your attachments unless you have a backup of these directories. To get the forum back into a working state (without the attachments) you'll just need to copy src/config.default.php into src/config.php and fill in all of your DB details. You'll also need to reupload any add-ons and styles you've downloaded
Yep I've done so, the forum is now showing errors now, such as:
Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Could not find class KL\UserImprovements\Entity\UserPrivacy when attempting to extend XF\Entity\UserPrivacy'

I do not have a backup of those directories however.

Top Bottom