Restore backup to the staging server and upgrade to 2.2 by clicking the upgrade button on xenforo admin panel

Earl

I am planning on buying a temporary server in order to test the upgrading process (from 2.1 to 2.2)

I run XenForo v2.1 on the production server under xxxxx.com..
(I have @eva2000 's Centminmod server installed on it)

Then again, I plan to create a database backup, elastic search snapshot, and create tar file of public html folder, then restore 'em all to the staging server, but what if I have a different domain has pointed to the staging server's IP as opposed to the domain which I registered my XenForo license to? For an instance yyyyyy.net.

I already have tried upgrading a developer demo setup from 2.1 to 2.2 and it works fine with localhost domain.

But what would bump if I try to upgrade the staging server that's running under that yyyyy.net domain which is not I registered for my XenForo license? Will it fail?

Last edited:
Solution
No, the upgrade won't fail.

It is actually recommended that test upgrades are done in this manner.

Test/dev installations are permitted under the license - the only thing you will see is a warning message in the ACP about the URL not being registered against the license, which can be ignored.
No, the upgrade won't fail.

It is actually recommended that test upgrades are done in this manner.

Test/dev installations are permitted under the license - the only thing you will see is a warning message in the ACP about the URL not being registered against the license, which can be ignored.

Solution
Top Bottom