Lack of interest Responsive - image slider for attachments

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I think the default xenforo image viewer supports device swipes, i might be wrong..... so this should be implementable.
I'm fairly sure the image viewer is invoked on my mobile though already?

For attached images, if you click on the thumbnail of the attachment, it opens in the default image viewer (overlay). If you click in the URL for the attached image, it opens in a new tab (as you are viewing the image on its own). This applies on all devices.

When using the image overlay, there are left and right arrows to click on to move you to previous and next images.

Obviously it's touch-enabled if you can use it on a mobile device. ;) It isn't swipe-enabled though, I tried that. You have to tap on the arrows or the mini-thumbnails at the bottom of the overlay.

Obviously it's touch-enabled if you can use it on a mobile device. ;) It isn't swipe-enabled though, I tried that. You have to tap on the arrows or the mini-thumbnails at the bottom of the overlay.
Yeah, i meant swipe enabled. :) I've seen some image viewers that support swipe so I'd expect the xenforo one will get that in 2.0 :)

I tested on an iPad and the image lightbox always showed. I also tested on an Xperia Z1 Compact phone and an Xperia Z3 tablet and they were fine.

Does the lightbox show if you use your device in landscape?

Interestingly I've just been having issues with this using Chrome on Mac OS X Yosemite. When I open the browser and go to that thread, the images display in the lightbox. If I then maximise the browser (so it displays on its own desktop) and test, the images still open in the lightbox. If I then unmaximise it again, the images open in a lightbox. However if I then refresh the page, the images open in a new tab no matter the size of the browser window unless I maximise it again, after which the lightbox works (but only when maximised).

I wonder if this is a bug?

The lightbox isn't used for devices with a height of less than 500px. This is mostly because of the navigation, which would make it fairly unusable. I'll assume this suggestion is still valid then, though perhaps not using the standard lightbox.

I wonder if this is a bug?
I can't reproduce your specific issue and I can't say I really see any reason for it.

I can't reproduce your specific issue and I can't say I really see any reason for it.
I've just been testing this and you are right, it was down to the browser height. Chrome just so happened to be less than 500px when un-maximised and Safari was more than 500px. Once I started playing with the heights I noticed this was the case.

I wasn't sure if it was a bug or not when I saw this, because if you resize the browser height to less than 500px when lightbox is open, it resizes the lightbox to fit (though it doesn't appear once you refresh the browser). However I understand why this is the case now.

The lightbox isn't used for devices with a height of less than 500px. This is mostly because of the navigation, which would make it fairly unusable. I'll assume this suggestion is still valid then, though perhaps not using the standard lightbox.
is it possibile to change it in ACP or I need a core hack to test it at 480px (or 460px for iPhone4s for example)?

thank you

Top Bottom