Vincent

Take a look at this picture:
Screenshot_2013-06-09-20-01-30.webp

Compare it with this:
desktop.webp

It seems like there is a design missing here:
  • A border
  • A transparant background
At first I thought this was "As Designed", but after I looked at how good the Member Card looks on the Responsive Design, I'm pretty sure it must be a bug.

Screenshot_2013-06-09-20-01-59.webp

It may be something to review, but this is "as designed" in so far as the transparency was intentionally disabled to improve performance (it's been like this since 1.0 or 1.1).

Couldn't you remove the member card image altogether (for responsive) and recreate it with css (a rounded box). I personally am happy losing a couple of minor things such as this in exchange for improved performance on mobile, especially if using mobile data and not wifi.

Couldn't you remove the member card image altogether (for responsive) and recreate it with css (a rounded box). I personally am happy losing a couple of minor things such as this in exchange for improved performance on mobile, especially if using mobile data and not wifi.

The member card uses CSS in 1.2 already.

It may be something to review, but this is "as designed" in so far as the transparency was intentionally disabled to improve performance (it's been like this since 1.0 or 1.1).
In the desktop version the inner background has dark border. In the responsive version there is no border, just black background.
Is that also intentional?

How can I turn transparency back on for mobiles? is that controlled by javascript or css?

Top Bottom