XF 1.3 Responsive Behaviour of Tab Links

Myke623

Is there a way to control the responsive behaviour of the tab links?

When the browser width shrinks, the elements at the start of the tab links disappear into the ellipsis menu, and to me this seems counter intuitive.

Full width with all tab links shown:

nav-1.webp

Reduced width, with only the tail elements visible:

nav-2.webp

I would much prefer it if the tab links are truncated, from the end, to form in the ellipsis menu.

In other words, if you're reducing/truncating the following list:
A, B, C, D, E, F

It's far more intuitive to reduce the list as:
A, B, C, ...[D, E, F]

rather than:
D, E, F ...[A, B, C]

Is there any way to control this easily, or is a modification to the code base required? Or via an add-on?

The links are removed from the nav bar from left to right, which means the least important ones are put into the dropdown first.

You can edit the navigation template to change the order if you wish.

I get that I can edit the link order, but:

The links are removed from the nav bar from left to right, which means the least important ones are put into the dropdown first.
How do you figure that the left-most links are "least" important? :)

Items that appear first/higher up the list surely have to be considered more important than those lower on the list?

There was a big discussion about it a while ago.

The general consensus was that secondary links closer to the centre of the screen were more important.

That's ridic... would you happen to have a link to said discussion?

But more seriously, would you know if I can change this behaviour for an add-on I'm developing? Changing the order isn't ideal as my secondary links are sorted alphabetically.

Top Bottom