1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resources Xenforo really needs to have!

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by surfsup, Aug 8, 2012.

1. surfsup

surfsup Well-Known Member

1. Marketplace like IP Nexus
    2. Product Review System
    3. Full blown CMS
    4. Classified / Auctions
    5. Mass PM
    6. Arcade
    7. Mobile like VB
    Can you think of any others?

Cal likes this.
  2. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Well-Known Member

I'm happy with what I have but I'd like both xf and vb to have a mod like ip.content from ipb.. that thing is amazing imo

3. ManOnDaMoon

ManOnDaMoon Well-Known Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Mass PM is already covered, isn't it?

4. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

Yes, Pages.

Something that would be way more useful than all of that would be fixing Xenforo's crippled Pages to being able to use the default XF editor and enable Pages to integrate with What's new and Likes and Alerts. You'd need to add in some Pages permissions and an index page. But it would be golden after that.
    Guiltar was close to making this a reality, but I think he has lost interest in releasing it.

5. surfsup

I am highly thinking of using Wordpress as my homepage/cms very soon, but I will hold off if there is Anyone actually creating a CMS for Xenforo as we speak. My main thing is getting the Wordpress header/navbar/bg to be the same as my Xenforo ....if anyone can do this then plz lemme know :D

6. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Well-Known Member

Arcade? lol Since when is that a "must have" for *any* forum software?

Eagle, ShadyX and DBA like this.
  7. Digital Doctor

Ask bambua (he's been busy tho) about styling WP to look like XF.
    There is this .... XenDynamic. (uses XF CSS to style WP) and XenScripts.com for login and comment integration.
    I'm think of helping fund a Pages tool for Wordpress.

Ideally WP - XF integration would use WP as the master database, but so far that doesn't exist.

8. surfsup

I know i know....dude the forum I run is mainly for business owners over the age of 35+ when I was on VB, these guys played the Arcade games more than I seen anyone play before, all their old school games they loved such as ms pacman etc. and all of them were super competitive and the whole area was a big hit imo. I know its not for everyone, I should have stated Resources that I would like to have for my forum :D

Digital Doctor likes this.
  9. Digital Doctor

heh.
    you tried xfarcade.com ?
    http://xfarcade.com/arcade/

FYI - I'm good at space invaders. I played Space Invaders when Arcades were cool and the older kids would put their cigarettes down when playing and they would inevitably cause burn marks on the plastic buttons.

Robotron, Defender, Ms. Pacman, Donkey Kong, Missle Command.
    All the great pinball games.
    What great days those were.

10. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

If these features would make sense to your community in short and long term growth, post an addon request.
    If you offer to pay an attractive amount, developers will drop what they do to make what you want.
    If these features are just gimme/freebies and do not serve the purpose of your site, you are just throwing money away. How many forums out there have arcade games?
    How many forums out there in your niche has data about your industry that nobody else have?

11. Digital Doctor

Digitalpoint is making one :)

surfsup likes this.
  12. ashkir

ashkir Active Member

vVv likes this.
  13. surfsup

Digitalpoint, is this true regarding making a store front like ip nexus here on Xenforo?

If so let me know and ill help donate. I'm highly in need of a working store front. thx!

14. Digital Doctor

There is no ETA. Digitalpoint spilled the beans in another thread.
    In the last week. Just search his posts. :)

15. digitalpoint

It's actually all done at this point... Just need a site to run it on live. :)

surfsup and Dan like this.
  16. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

ahem :whistle:

17. EQnoble

EQnoble Well-Known Member

I was under the impression that you would be running it at DP?

18. Digital Doctor

I'm just guessing there won't be a shortage of volunteers :)

19. digitalpoint

My site isn't running XenForo... which is why I have no site that can run it right now. :)

20. surfsup

You can run it live on my site, can I beta test it? I have a lot of products to list right off the bat, I can list them tonight....plus send some donation $$ :p

Still owe you lunch for creating such an awesome ad plugin that made my adsense spike up haha