Lack of interest Resources - show which add-ons I have installed/watching

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

dotpro

Hi,

Just browsing through the resource section for last few days, I couldn't help but notice that when you are viewing a category with list of mods, you can't see what you have marked as "watching" or "installed."

I think that feature (especially here), just having a check mark or something next to the add-on title would come in handy and save time as well.

thanks

Upvote 3
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Thanks. I know about that but when you search or just browsing the categories, you can't tell which you have watched/installed unless you view the whole post.

Can't you just look in the ACP to see what you have installed? Seems unnecessary duplication to have the RM also record this information. Besides, there would be no easy way to do this apart from provide a check mark for a user to manually tick to say you have installed an add-on.

So one should switch windows/tabs back and forth, to see what is and is not installed? Or even easier, try remembering 20 or 30 add-ons you've installed in last 3 months or so?

I am scrolling through 100 add-ons and at each one, let me switch my tab, look at the ones I have installed, FIND the one I am looking at and then scroll down? Seriously?

Obviously, you would only click installed if you install it.

I can't see the problem really. As @Solidus said, use the watched resources list to find the ones you have installed. Watch them with email notifications to tell you when a resource has been updated and you'll always know when a new version is available.

XenForo shows which threads you have watched when browsing threads from a node, why shouldn't the resource manager do the same?

I know about the watched resources page but it does not help you when you are browsing the resources categories or the search results. Why remember or check this page or that page when simple code can immediately tell you if something you've installed or not when you are looking at a list of results in search or list in categories?

Email notification is nice to have and that does help when you need to update something you've already watched.

Why remember or check this page or that page when simple code can immediately tell you if something you've installed or not
No such function exists within XenForo.
There are no call backs to the Resource Manager or the xenforo.com site so it is impossible for the code to know which add-ons you have installed.

No such function exists within XenForo.
There are no call backs to the Resource Manager or the xenforo.com site so it is impossible for the code to know which add-ons you have installed.
Hi Brogan,

Thanks. I am talking about RM here at xenforo and add-ons available here.

I was coming in to post a suggestion for something similar to this. Not so much a call back, but more a "Mark as Installed" type button. Working similar to Watched Resources, but showing a separate list as not every addon I'm watching is one I have installed.

I don't know how many other people work like I do, but I generally schedule a time to update all addons on a site at the same time (usually one day a week put aside). It would be so much easier to be able to click something similar to Watched resources and have it come up with a list of "Installed Resources" instead of having to flick back and forth between ACP and search, searching for the addon, then checking to see if it's been updated and then downloading. Having the list right there would save on some time. I don't think it should be an automatic thing that happens when you download an addon - more a checkbox or a button click to manually mark it as having been installed.

Hopefully that makes sense :) (If this should be posed as a separate suggestion, feel free to split it or tell me to repost :))

Top Bottom