Resource review guidelines.

@wang you make a valid point, and that will not hurt your reputation at all, :) I added support for the widget framework for one of my add-ons. The XML went from 19K to 28K. I will not be supporting the widget framework any more, in any of my add-ons.

A review should be solely based on if it does what it is suppose to do, and is it bug free. And if not bug free, did the developer fix the bugs in a timely manner. A review should not be based on if it is compatible with a poorly written add-on. And the widget framework is just that. If it wasn't there would be no issues with other add-ons. Any issues with other add-ons/styles should not reflect in the scores, but be stated as a side note. Those who lower the score because it doesn't work with X add-on, or Y style is just trying to pressure you to do what they want you to do for free, when they should be going after the other add-on/stylist to fix the compatibility problems.

The current review system is just a bullying tool.

@wang you make a valid point, and that will not hurt your reputation at all, :) I added support for the widget framework for one of my add-ons. The XML went from 19K to 28K. I will not be supporting the widget framework any more, in any of my add-ons.

A review should be solely based on if it does what it is suppose to do, and is it bug free. And if not bug free, did the developer fix the bugs in a timely manner. A review should not be based on if it is compatible with a poorly written add-on. And the widget framework is just that. If it wasn't there would be no issues with other add-ons. Any issues with other add-ons/styles should not reflect in the scores, but be stated as a side note. Those who lower the score because it doesn't work with X add-on, or Y style is just trying to pressure you to do what they want you to do for free, when they should be going after the other add-on/stylist to fix the compatibility problems.

The current review system is just a bullying tool.

Thank you sir. :)

I agree with every single word that you wrote. I can not like this post enough. I really hoped that something would change with the review system, but I guess I was wrong.

Again, I already touched on the point that even if we changed the review system to include the rule you mention, it likely still wouldn't have led to the review you're mostly concerned about being deleted as there was other content in that review which may or may not be valid. (It may not be valid, but we have no way of knowing that, therefore your only recourse is to respond accordingly, which you have).

Again, I already touched on the point that even if we changed the review system to include the rule you mention, it likely still wouldn't have led to the review you're mostly concerned about being deleted as there was other content in that review which may or may not be valid. (It may not be valid, but we have no way of knowing that, therefore your only recourse is to respond accordingly, which you have).

I am not concerned about that review at all sir. That triggered me to start this topic, yes, but it is bigger than that. It was something that I have noticed happening often in a lot of reviews for other add ons too.

But I see that nothing will change, and I have accepted that, and I will move on now.

If I can prove that a person leaving a review here does not have a license for the add-on they are reviewing, the review will be deleted, correct?

Also, I would rather provide support on my own site rather than in the separate threads on here. It is easier to me to go to one place and one forum and see all issues or requests. If a person were to leave a review that was negative because I did not reply to a support request on the thread here, would that be a valid review or would that review be able to be removed?

I would like to list my add-ons here but simply support them via my website. My website confirms that they have a valid XenForo license and that they have a valid license for my products. I just don't want to be screwed on reviews here because someone is mad I didn't reply to them on this site.

Hope that makes sense.

If I can prove that a person leaving a review here does not have a license for the add-on they are reviewing, the review will be deleted, correct?
We do take a rather dim view of reviews which are left by people who haven't used an add-on, or own a license.

Please report the review and we will look into it.

Also, I would rather provide support on my own site rather than in the separate threads on here. It is easier to me to go to one place and one forum and see all issues or requests. If a person were to leave a review that was negative because I did not reply to a support request on the thread here, would that be a valid review or would that review be able to be removed?
It's reasonable to direct people to another site for support, but I would suggest it is unfair to just ignore someone if they post a legitimate request. Perfectly fine for you to say, "Please direct your query here:" and at that point, the ball is in their court to do that or not. If you ignore someone, even if it is clearly stated somewhere, and they leave a review to say you ignored them, that's kind of legitimate feedback.

In terms of legitimate feedback, it's often difficult for us and inappropriate for us to be judge and jury when it comes to what is legitimate and what is not. For the most part, we won't get involved in such disputes and if you wish to address the feedback, you should do so by replying to the review.

Again, if in doubt, report it and we will look into it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom