Lack of interest Resource Metadata

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Brahimium

Think about a "download site" which offers downloads (e.g. fonts, icons, web templates, wallpapers, images, drivers, applications ...)
Wouldn't it be interesting if an admin of such a website could just use this XenForo add-on to manage the resources?

The basic idea is this: the admin of the website creates some "Resource metadata fields", while doing so, he can choose things like:

• Field Type (user_id, string, date, time, date+time, enum, color)
  • Field Constraints (for ints, uints etc., could possibly just be a reg exp here, this behaves differently when the type 'enum' or 'color' has been chosen)
  • Multiple Values (yes/no)
  • Required Field (yes/no)

I also added 'color' to the field types, because that's a special case (displaying it), else it would just fit into 'enum'
You could also add an abstraction layer for displaying each field type, but I think that would take it too far for this add-on ...

Wouldn't this fit right into the 'metadata' column of the table 'xf_search_index'?
That would mean that these fields can easily be displayed on http://xenforo.com/community/search/?type=resource_blog and also in each "search_result_..."

I would think (or maybe just hope) that with the abstraction that is already present in the XenForo architecture, this could be implemented fairly easily.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Top Bottom