Resource Manager

Blue

If I'm not mistaken I read the Resource Manager can only be used for 1 instance. Meaning that you will need to purchase additional Resource Managers for each resource you wish to manage.

So if you have the RM setup to handle files, you would need to purchase an additional RM to handle a review or tutorial section. Am I correct?

If I understand your question, you should be able to have categories like here at XF.com to handle your tutorials in 1 instance.

If I'm not mistaken I read the Resource Manager can only be used for 1 instance. Meaning that you will need to purchase additional Resource Managers for each resource you wish to manage.

So if you have the RM setup to handle files, you would need to purchase an additional RM to handle a review or tutorial section. Am I correct?
Look at how they have it setup here on XenForo. They have addons, styles, template modifications, etc. all from one instance. Or are you trying to do something else?

You can always create new tabs in header linking to different categories within 1 resource manager. It would require very simple add-on.

nope.
where are you reading this ?

i will eagerly wait for that simple add-on :D
Sorry, completely forgot about it until just now.

Its in attachment. Very simple add-on created in 5 minutes that adds 2 tabs: one with dropdown menu, one without. Edit Listener.php to change those tabs. Tabs are basic php array. I've left comments in php code to explain what each line means.

Edit template 'extra_tabs' to change content of tab with dropdown menu. Create more templates like that with different names if you want more than 1 tab with dropdown menus. Change 'linksTemplate' in tab's data in Listener.php to correct template name.

Attachments

You shouldn't really post add-ons in public forums.

Instead, please add them to the RM.

Its not a proper add-on. Its not configurable from acp (requires editing php file), doesn't use phrases.

Maybe move thread to customers only support forum? If I'm not mistaken, everyone who posted in this thread have licenses.

Top Bottom