Resource Manager Uses

I think you would have to do some serious redesign and cutting of components to have this like a CMS...

There are better ways to do that right now, ie. you could use the blog mod which incorporates comments, etc... you could use the in-built pages system. These are better article systems than what this would be out of the box.

The pages system is a far better system for CMS content, as you can literally custom code your design via a style and its fully integrated with usergroups, permissions, upgrades, etc etc.

I agree 100% and it was adjusted to become an article system i believe by the author as a custom job to someone because I asked about this myself wanting it as an article based system. I believe also it would be perfect and adaptable as a review/tutorial system also.

I think you would have to do some serious redesign and cutting of components to have this like a CMS...

There are better ways to do that right now, ie. you could use the blog mod which incorporates comments, etc... you could use the in-built pages system. These are better article systems than what this would be out of the box.

The pages system is a far better system for CMS content, as you can literally custom code your design via a style and its fully integrated with usergroups, permissions, upgrades, etc etc.

Anthony - sigh - agreed. But I'm not about to do over 1,000 different Pages in html - and then there's pagination.

Anthony - sigh - agreed. But I'm not about to do over 1,000 different Pages in html - and then there's pagination.

just one page then make your categories or forums inside it then create threads as articles inside forums inside this page

make this page in home ( easy to do that )
create a special style for all and customize what you need

I would need the "Resource Manager" for companies being able to upload their .pdf-Files of Videos on a regular basis, like e.g. Annual Reports, News, etc in .pdf-format. Companies might be charged for using this service to upload their files. Users being able to download those files free of charge.

I just came across a Service from Reuters at which customers can manage their video-assets.
Would be cool to have something like this, where companies can manage their files, and users can then download those.
http://www-waa-akam.thomson-webcast.net/us/dispatching/Multimedia_Center_OVP_20110307

Additionally, it would be great to have the "payment process" vice-versa:
Companies can upload their files free of charge, but users need to pay for downloading the files (for example a one-time or monthly Newsletter for which users are paying).

I am wondering if the "Resource Manager" could be used for companies to add their images, company-description, files, etc. - similar like a business-directory ?
And having the Prefixes function as the Categories for the "Business-Directory" ?

Hmmm ...
(1) Xenforo.com needs a good Addon (Resource) Manager ... ASAP.
(2) There is zero timeline for public release. I hope people don't get too excited about the RM being released and then it takes a long time.

(2) There is zero timeline for public release. I hope people don't get too excited about the RM being released and then it takes a long time.
I do remember reading it would be released soon, when initially announced, which was quite some time ago. At a rough guess, from that announcement came lots of ideas and desires from customers.

At a rough guess... I would say XF went back to the design board and have been improving it all-round, so when they release it here, it will really be to identify any bugs and such, whilst cleaning up the add-on repository as well... then be packed with all the features people have mentioned for when it goes on sale as an XF product, which will drive purchases upwards instantly.

I really hope once RM comes out there will be a script to convert from vBAdvanced Dymanics to it.

As of now vBAdvanced's developer showed no interest in releasing his add-ons for XenForo. Possibly because of the same reason as Robbo's:
Same with a downloads mod, they have a resource manager which I can see basically making any downloads mod I make pointless, I would rather wait for the resource manager and mod it to what people want. Making a full on system myself will take at least a couple weeks and it would need to be a long term investment to justify the work with no pay, if the resource manager gets released such a long term investment would instantly become a loss.

Yep... this would do that from my interpretation of reading the addon. This would extend that functionality slightly, so the supplier can interact directly with customers via their own internal blog page.

I just can't wait to see it in action here. Should be here by the end of the month. 2 more weeks or less to go.

Not sure if I'm more excited about the Resource Manager or the mobile template. Going to provide downloads for iPhone firmware, hacks, etc.

Depending on how it shakes out, I might use this for wallpaper, ringtone sharing.

Mmmmmmm.... mobile template! That will be impressive to provide users. No more stuffing about with style id issues, like present... or hacked solutions to accommodate the problem.

Third party native apps aren't completely https friendly either... really looking forward to a default mobile template by XF.

Mmmmmmm.... mobile template! That will be impressive to provide users. No more stuffing about with style id issues, like present... or hacked solutions to accommodate the problem.

Third party native apps aren't completely https friendly either... really looking forward to a default mobile template by XF.

Yeah, fully agreed. If only 1.2 could come earlier! We are looking at at least another 6 months... :( But well, all good things take time!

Top Bottom