1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resource Manager - remove description/version/tagline?

Discussion in 'Resource Manager Support' started by Ludachris, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Ludachris

Ludachris Well-Known Member

I'm looking to do some customizing of a couple resource categories. I'd like to remove the Version field, the Tagline Field, and the Description field (mainly because I don't want to allow any special formatting or parsing). I plan to add a custom field for descriptions.

Is this possible, and if so, what is the proper way to go about it?

Also, is there a way to specify Image Upload dimensions or file types?

2. florencia

florencia Active Member

did you ever got a reply? I also need to remove the version field, tagline...

3. Ludachris

No reply yet. I'll try and dig through the templates but it's tough when you don't have anything to go on, or without knowing if there's a dependency from another part of the script that will break if you start stripping stuff out.

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I haven't checked the code but it may be that you can't remove some of the fields from the templates when creating a resource as the php may require it.
    Hiding it from the view is simple enough though, either by editing the appropriate template or via CSS.

5. Ludachris

So long as it isn't going to be flagged as a required field I suppose. I'll try the CSS route. Thanks Brogan.

6. Ludachris

Curious Brogan, all the form fields have the same class (ctrlUnit), so if I'm trying to hide one row (label and input) how would I do that with CSS without hiding all the rows of the form?

7. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Can you post a screenshot of which bits you are trying to hide?
    I can then look at the templates/CSS to determine how to do it.

8. Ludachris

Never mind, found it in the template... just did a display:none there. Duh.

rafass likes this.