• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Resource Manager - remove description/version/tagline?

Ludachris

I'm looking to do some customizing of a couple resource categories. I'd like to remove the Version field, the Tagline Field, and the Description field (mainly because I don't want to allow any special formatting or parsing). I plan to add a custom field for descriptions.

Is this possible, and if so, what is the proper way to go about it?

Also, is there a way to specify Image Upload dimensions or file types?

Ludachris

No reply yet. I'll try and dig through the templates but it's tough when you don't have anything to go on, or without knowing if there's a dependency from another part of the script that will break if you start stripping stuff out.

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
I haven't checked the code but it may be that you can't remove some of the fields from the templates when creating a resource as the php may require it.
Hiding it from the view is simple enough though, either by editing the appropriate template or via CSS.

Ludachris

Curious Brogan, all the form fields have the same class (ctrlUnit), so if I'm trying to hide one row (label and input) how would I do that with CSS without hiding all the rows of the form?

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Can you post a screenshot of which bits you are trying to hide?
I can then look at the templates/CSS to determine how to do it.