1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resource manager overhaul?

Discussion in 'Resource Manager Closed Suggestions' started by danjb, Jul 10, 2015.

1. danjb

danjb Member

So my suggestion is quite simply: An overhaul to the XenForo Resource Manager.

I feel in comparison to other systems with different software that the resource manager could be improved:
    - Add support for multiple authors on a resource with specified permissions for the resource (Set by the creator). I.e A permission to allow the person to update, to edit descriptions e.t.c.
    - Multiple sub-pages to allow for in-built useful pages. I.e A page to show further information about a resource.

There's a ton more that could be implemented.

Nicholas Fell likes this.
  2. Nicholas Fell

Nicholas Fell Member

I've seen the sub-pages one. PocketMine forums have a FAQ and documentation page for resources.

3. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

As per the thread here, suggestions should be explicit rather than something like "overhaul it": Guide to Suggestions

In addition, suggestions should be one per thread.

I would recommend looking through the list of existing suggestions for the RM and liking the first post of any you feel are worthwhile: Resource Manager Suggestions

4. Divvens

Divvens Well-Known Member

This already exists with tabs/fields on Resources. Example: CTA Featured Threads & Portal