RM 2.2 Resource Manager "Discusssions" Tab Missing

Before the tab shows, I think you need first to assign a discussion to the resource, in the settings for each resource you can do that and choose a specific forum for the discussion. It may be however this has to be done when you create the resource, assigning a thread after creation of resource may be a different matter...

Last edited:
Before the tab shows, I think you need first to assign a discussion to the resource, in the settings for each resource you can do that and choose a specific forum for the discussion. It may be however this has to be done when you create the resource, assigning a thread after creation of resource may be a different matter...
I have this same problem. My discussiion threads are not showing up in the resources. I did assign a discussion node in the category, which is where I see this option, but do not see any discussion thread in the resources either before or after editing. @atom12 were you able to resolve this? Thanks

Only new resources will have threads assigned after changing the node settings.

For existing resources you will have to manually assign a thread.

I have this same problem. My discussiion threads are not showing up in the resources. I did assign a discussion node in the category, which is where I see this option, but do not see any discussion thread in the resources either before or after editing. @atom12 were you able to resolve this? Thanks
nvm! I figured it out, I had the discussion thread nested under an archived node. arg. :D

Please explain, what is a discussion thread nested under an archived node?
Apologies, I had archived nodes by making them children of a node that was inaccessible to most user groups. Once I moved those discussion nodes out from under the "archived" (aka inaccessible) parent node, they were accessible. It was honestly pretty stupid of me. LOL

Only new resources will have threads assigned after changing the node settings.
For existing resources you will have to manually assign a thread.
Humm, that's a bit unlucky. I just decided to restructure and push the ressources section of my forum a little bit as it is barely recognized, let alone used by most of the forum members and decided the discussions would be a good way to gain more awareness here. Problem is: I do currently have around 150 ressources and apart from one or two in a freshly created section none have the discussions enabled as I did not configure this initially.
Is there a way to create these discussions via a batch job or something like that? Deleting and recreating the ressources is not really a realistic option and creating 150 threads manually would be a pita and overly time consuming as well.

As "discussions" vs. "no discussions" seems to be a "now or never" option when creating the ressources I'd also suggest to make this more clear when creating ressources sections. I was not aware of that.

quick question if anybody has an answer, is it normal that the discussion thread created in the assigned forum doesnt show the full description of the resource? my resources generally have a image with some tracklists, but in the discussion thread, cuts off the tracklist by half. doesnt include full list.

Top Bottom