Resizing Signature Images / Having a Limit

faeronsayn

After looking for some time in the Admin CP, I was unable to find any options for signatures and putting limits on them.

I was wondering if there was a way to use the resizing on images that is done in posts, to be able to be done on signatures but with a limit on the Height or the Width of the image. I think it already resizes the image if it does not fit into the template or if you have a fluid style or what not.

My main problem with signature images is the height, for example an image that is 700pixels in height and 200 pixels in width, there would be no resizing done automatically, and so it would really make it a bad experience for any user reading a thread.

Also I was wondering if it was possible to limit signatures to lets say x amount of lines? or x amount of pixels?

To sum up the first question, I just need a signature image resizer that would work on its own, mainly need a resizer that can resize the image in its actual ratio to a height specified.

If there are any addons or any template edits that can be used for this to work please let me know.

Edit this template:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> EXTRA.css

Add this code:

Code:
.signature img
{
max-height: 200px;
}

First of all thank you so much, sadly I can only like your post once :( ...

Just wondering if its possible to display some type of thing to indicate that the picture has been resized?

If not thats okay as well.

Edit this template:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> EXTRA.css

Add this code:

Code:
.signature img
{
max-height: 200px;
}

Sorry to bother you again, but for some reason, after this change, on my normal posts, whenever a picture is resized, and I click on it to enlarge it, it enlarges but it leaves behind the resized image, so it looks kind of weird, and makes it look like the computer is lagging or something. Any reason why this is ?

Just wondering if its possible to display some type of thing to indicate that the picture has been resized?

I don't know of any way to do that.

after this change, on my normal posts, whenever a picture is resized, and I click on it to enlarge it, it enlarges but it leaves behind the resized image, so it looks kind of weird, and makes it look like the computer is lagging or something. Any reason why this is ?

I don't have any problems with this. Can you post a URL to a thread that has this problem?

This saved my life. Some guys are abusing about the size of the signature images.

If someone has another solution I'll appreciate the advice.
Why tolerate abusive members? Ding dong bannu! Or at the very least put them in timeout for awhile.

Also, this doesn't appear to work for me. Perhaps something is overriding, but nothing is jumping out at me at this moment.

Top Bottom