1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resizing image in thread - won't resize

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Precision, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Precision

Precision Member

When I insert an image into my thread, it gives me the option to shrink the image with the "Free Transform" - type option. I can minimize / maximize to my like, however when i click Save, it goes right back to the file size it was uploaded with. Is there any way to fix that?

For instance, if I uploaded a 400x400 image, and i resized it to my liking in the thread, and click Save, it will immediately go back to the 400x400. My reason for asking is because I try to make tutorials, and I will be inserting a lot of images.

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You need to resize the images before you upload them. The editor lets you resize in the GUI but it doesn't actually work. I see this in lots of rich editors. It's inconsistent but it seems common. :confused:

3. Precision

Precision Member

Were there any plans in fixing it :p ? (not to sound like an a-hole)

4. ragtek

ragtek Guest

5. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It's a TinyMCE issue, not something XenForo can resolve.

6. ragtek

ragtek Guest

but they can remove the resize feature in the editor (see my add-on :p )

edit:
    also it's IMO no editor isue...

the feature is enabled by default ( http://www.tinymce.com/wiki.php/Configuration:object_resizing )

BUT because xf doesn't provide this, they (mike & kier) have to remove this
    my 0.02$ :p

7. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Does that mean it is only supported in Firefox?