Affected version
XFMG 2 beta 3
This is the water mark up loaded
Screenshot_1.webp
This is the distorted and enlarged water mark placed on image
Screenshot_2.webp

This is the same water mark above displayed on image in XFMG 1.1.13
Screenshot_3.webp

Can you upload the original watermark image so that we can do some testing with it?

You can right click and save it via the preview in the Admin CP.

@Chris D yup see attached,
I notice that the settings for watermark in 1.5 are not available in 2.0 unless I'm missing where they are
Screenshot_1.webp
Settings for Watermark in 1.5

Attachments

• 1.webp
    1.webp
    5.3 KB · Views: 4
This did end up being a XF2 bug, after all, but just a note to bear in mind that we do have an XFMG bug reports forum so generally if you suspect an issue with XFMG itself, the bug should be posted there.

But, indeed, as I said the problematic code was in the XF image driver itself on this occasion. The width value was being passed in for the height, making the watermark a lot bigger than it needs to be. Should be sorted for the next release.

I would say, however, that the actual watermark image you're using is very small compared to the size of the images that could be uploaded. You'd likely see a better quality watermark if you used a larger image.

@Chris D as a side note, will you be putting the settings like above back into the new version of XFMG?
Nope. Generally trying to avoid having so many settings. It's fairly overwhelming to new users and most just stick with the defaults. Generally the defaults are sufficient.
What size would you suggest for a better quality watermark?
The bigger the better. 500px? Something like that.

Nope. Generally trying to avoid having so many settings. It's fairly overwhelming to new users and most just stick with the defaults. Generally the defaults are sufficient.

That's too bad, I like the ability to control the size and position of the watermark. IMO there's nothing 'overwhelming' about the current watermark settings in XFMG 1.1.13 as they are simplistic and straight foreword.

It's a compound problem. We now have a single page of options rather than having to have many tabs of different options. "Keep it simple" etc.

I wouldn't expect you to find the options overwhelming. After all you're not a new or inexperienced user.

Top Bottom