XF 1.2 Resize big Image

BamBam

Hey,

Anybody know how to Resize Images in XenForo. Here is a Test Picture from my Forum. As you can see this Picture is way to big. So, is there a Addon or Settings where i can resize this Images automatically?

Thx

test thread5.webp

Hm, i have set it to 800 x 800. Thats good for me, really nice. Not to big, not so small. But i have noticed, that when i set the Size to 800 x 800, i cant click on the Picture to see it in Full Size. Is there any Option for this? Cheers. (y)

Hm, i have set it to 800 x 800. Thats good for me, really nice. Not to big, not so small. But i have noticed, that when i set the Size to 800 x 800, i cant click on the Picture to see it in Full Size. Is there any Option for this? Cheers. (y)
XenForo will resize larger images down to those dimensions, which is why there is no larger image

It sounds like you want to allow large images which will zoom to full size when clicked, but limit the size they appear in posts?

In which case add this to EXTRA.css:
Code:
.message .messageContent .messageText img {
max-width: 50%;
}

Change max-width to suit, you can set it to 800px instead of a percentage if you wish.

Thanks, Brogan! Am I right, that a percentage value would reduce the size of any IMG in post text, even if they are very small - but setting it to a specific size (eg. 800px) would not?! Would the responsive design be effected - I assume not?!

I've tried it in the meantime:

Fixed pixels can break the responsive design (eg. 640px), but percentage works perfectly and scales to the wished size, if there is enough space and reduces responsive the size. GREAT, thank you!

The percentage relates to the post container width, not the image.

If you want to set them to a specific max size, use pixels.
I want to reseize them manually in the message. something like [img=250x250]url of the image[/img]

This is a must-have, if I want to put multiple images into the same line! I dont wanna download the pictures and reseize them on my PC, or reseize them with an imageupload site, I am used to do it with the simple code shown above. But that doesnt work on Xenforo. Is there a smilar way?

So I have to install your addon and then I can use [img=***x***] ?
Not for the bimg tag. Only the width (in px or %). The height will depend on the width to keep the ratio. I could add the height but a none homothetic transformation just makes the image ugly. So I don't plan to implement it. But you have this option in other bbcodes: accordion, tabs, slider and the new table bbcode inside the tinyquattro for which I've used a new system to match the width AND/OR the height.

Not for the bimg tag. Only the width (in px or %). The height will depend on the width to keep the ratio. I could add the height but a none homothetic transformation just makes the image ugly. So I don't plan to implement it. But you have this option in other bbcodes: accordion, tabs, slider and the new table bbcode inside the tinyquattro for which I've used a new system to match the width AND/OR the height.

well, since I know about BBCode since... hmm 2 days, I dont really get what you tell me^^ except for the heigth part. Let's say I dont care about the height and would just want to adjust the width, what do I have to do to get this implemented? Do I need to install your addon, or can I use the BBCode creator from xenforo and achieve this with replacement codes andd options? :/

well, since I know about BBCode since... hmm 2 days, I dont really get what you tell me^^ except for the heigth part. Let's say I dont care about the height and would just want to adjust the width, what do I have to do to get this implemented?
Read the presentation of the addon I've mentioned.

Read the presentation of the addon I've mentioned.
thats a really extensive addon. Sadly, I dont have server access, and a simple xml installation via the BBcode creator doesnt work.

Can you send me an XML file that only covers the width-resizing that I am looking for, so that I can import it via the BBcode creator?

thats a really extensive addon. Sadly, I dont have server access, and a simple xml installation via the BBcode creator doesnt work.

Can you send me an XML file that only covers the width-resizing that I am looking for, so that I can import it via the BBcode creator?
No, I can't. This addon is working with a framework that fetches XenForo templates. Again, read the addon description.

No, I can't. This addon is working with a framework that fetches XenForo templates. Again, read the addon description.
Well, I looked at all the installation guides from your and the required addon(s), but I cant install any of them, since I have no access to any forum folders like "upload" and I dont have the auto installer, only the default addon installer from xenforo. thats why I had hoped for a simple xml similar to this, since I only need the resize option (although all the other options your addon provides are pretty handy)

anyway, thx for your time!!

Top Bottom