XF 2.2 Reset user id counter

scriptop

Hello, everyone.

I have removed all users (except admin account), but user id counter didn't reset.
How can I make it start from 2 again?

Solution
AFAIK, yes, the only answer is to document any template/EXTRA.less modifications you made, export the style to keep any customizations you have done, make sure to save any images you use in your customizations and then start over from scratch.

Honestly.. personally it wouldn't make a difference to me what user ID they had... in fact, in some ways it could be MUCH better as you could have your actual user account at a different number than 1 or 2, locking user 1 down as much as possible.. so it reduce the threat vector of someone trying to brute force user 1 or 2, which are normally set as the super admins.
Start a new DB config and set the site up again as new?
Those numbers are kept for a reason, even if the users are deleted. There would be scads of tables that would need to be updated, and I don't think anyone has taken that on.

Is there a particular reason you want them back at 2?

AFAIK, yes, the only answer is to document any template/EXTRA.less modifications you made, export the style to keep any customizations you have done, make sure to save any images you use in your customizations and then start over from scratch.

Honestly.. personally it wouldn't make a difference to me what user ID they had... in fact, in some ways it could be MUCH better as you could have your actual user account at a different number than 1 or 2, locking user 1 down as much as possible.. so it reduce the threat vector of someone trying to brute force user 1 or 2, which are normally set as the super admins.

Solution
Top Bottom