XF 1.2 Reset All Permissions

rellek

Hi,

I test-imported my vB 3.8 forum to XF 1.2 and it turns out that it does import permissions, however they are useless. I have forums that are accessible for certain user groups only or for certain users only and it does not work. Common permissions are set to inherit and special permissions are set to revoke, so at the end of the day, nobody can enter those forums.

So I came up with the idea of resetting all permissions and set them again correctly. Is there an easy way to do this? I want to get rid of any per-user permissions and I'd like to set any node permissions for any user group to inherit.

Hi RoldanLT,

well, I think that is not my point. I'm fine with group permissions (like how big the attachments can be). I'd like to reset all permissions set for nodes.

You probably don't want to take out the user permissions - those are your moderators' permissions.

The data is in xf_permission_entry_content. I really could only recommend managing the permissions via the control panel, but you might be able to remove the permission entries in that table (and then do a master data rebuild to trigger cache updates).

Reactions: rdn
Top Bottom