• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Add-on Require Thread Prefixes Per Forum

borbole

This hack will allow you to make it that thread prefixes will be required when a new thread is created.

You can set the thread prefix requirement separately for each forum at your Acp->Applications->Node Tree and choose the forum that you want make it that thread prefixes will be required when a new thread is created. Then when editing that forum, under the Thread Prefixes tab you will see a new Option: Require Thread Prefix? There you can check/uncheck the tick box in accornings with your wishes/likings.

You can exlude groups and/or individual users from this limit.

To exlude groups from the post count limit, go to User Group Permissions, choose the group/s that you want to exlude and under Forum Permissions you will see a new settings called: Can bypass
required thread prefix limit: Set it to yes and save the changes.

To have a better idea as to how this mod looks like when being used, please have a look at the attached screenshots.

Price: 5 dollars. (Free for all the subsribers of my forum.)

Compatibility: It works with the latest versions of xenforo.

Download link:

http://www.forumservices.eu/index.php?threads/require-thread-prefixes.70/

Attachments

• Admin CP - XenForo_1327501470406.webp
    Admin CP - XenForo_1327501470406.webp
    35 KB · Views: 294
  • Create Thread - XenForo_1327501982900.webp
    Create Thread - XenForo_1327501982900.webp
    33.6 KB · Views: 338
  • Group Permissions-XenForo_1327500818201.webp
    Group Permissions-XenForo_1327500818201.webp
    4.5 KB · Views: 248
Nice! Not to take away anything from you, but I am surprised it's not part of xenforo already.
I'm redoing a forum and since it was going to use many forums, requiring thread prefixes will reduce the number of forums needed so it doesn't look so barren.

Outside the scope of this mod, I'm assuming I will be able to move all posts with a specific thread prefix to their own forum in the future.

Nice! Not to take away anything from you, but I am surprised it's not part of xenforo already.
I'm redoing a forum and since it was going to use many forums, requiring thread prefixes will reduce the number of forums needed so it doesn't look so barren.

Outside the scope of this mod, I'm assuming I will be able to move all posts with a specific thread prefix to their own forum in the future.

Yes, the thread moving process is not affected at all.

Top Bottom