1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Requiered thread prefixes

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by diego222, Jul 31, 2013.

1. diego222

diego222 Member

Hi

I'm with XenForo 1.1.5 and already have the "Require Thread Prefixes" mod, bought here: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/require-thread-prefixes.500/

Now with the new feature added on xenforo... what I have to do?

1 - Keep using the mod and not activate the new xenforo feature?
    2 - Deactivate the mod and use the new xenforo feature?
    3 - If I deactivate the mod and use only the new xenforo feature..... what I have to do to not lose all configuration I already have of the prefixes?

I don't mind pay 6 euros (or a little more if prices change), I just want the best option :)

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

3. diego222

diego222 Member

ok, then the answer is that I have to use the xenforo feature, following that indication you give me.

But.... I won't lose the prefixes configuration?

4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Well, presumably you'd lose your required status but I don't think you'd lose anything else. You'd really need to confirm with the add-on author though.

5. diego222

diego222 Member

Ok I'll contact him.

And one more question (sorry if they are too much :))

The query I have to run it only if I already upgraded without deactivate the mod..... If I already deactivated the mod and then upgrade.... I don't have to run the query, right?

6. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Correct.

7. Rob

Rob Well-Known Member

I think the prefixes you need will all be preserved but as mike says you'll just need to specify what forums 'require' a prefix

8. diego222

diego222 Member

Ok, I already contact the mod author, but for what you say it would be only "a few" clicks, no problem then.

Rob likes this.
  9. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

If you uninstall it after upgrading it will drop that column from the table.

Uninstall the add-on completely.

Rob likes this.
  10. borbole

borbole Well-Known Member

If the mod is uninstalled then all the prefix required settings will be lost. You will have to rest them again using the built in require prefix settings in xenforo.