1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Requesting permission to use license on a secondary server for testing only.

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by Sytheriseida, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Sytheriseida

Sytheriseida New Member

Hi, there.
    I don't know if I'm posting in the right forums, or if I'm contacting you lot through the right means, but I do need to raise a question.

A friend of mine is looking to replace his old forum software with something new. Although he is looking at a fair amount of remarkable free options, I feel that xenForo is a very, very good piece of forum software that should be able to meet all his needs.

I know he can look at a test version of xenForo through the official site, but I feel he'd have a bit more to play around with with a proper license and no time limit.
    I would like to request permission to use my license for a second forum for testing purposes only. This means that we will not use it to recruit members and use it as a full forum. This would allow him to fully play around with xenForo options, and see how the add-ons would work alongside it.

Instead of just rushing into it and doing it and finding myself in trouble, I felt it'd be better to ask outright here in the community forums.

Thank you.

- Sytheriseida
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Valter and Sytheriseida like this.
  3. Sytheriseida

Sytheriseida New Member

I knew I had read something like that somewhere on the forums. I just couldn't find it again. You can count on me to not be able to find relevant pieces of information that I need more than once.
    Thanks, Brogan.